ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Duke Friday Night @Duke

wrestlingfan22

Scholarship
Dec 11, 2022
This should be a much needed bounce back for our guys, with no Dayton I find it hard to predict a shutout but I believe that this is a dual that will be over very quickly and not at all close.

PREVIEW:
Dukes entire team is unranked. This is a dual that should be filled with few competitive matches. I would not hate letting some of the redshirts to use a date here depending on what the situation with the starter is.

125: NR Camacho vs NR Agin
Camacho has fallen out of the national rankings do to his recent losing streak. He needs to go on another run to put himself in a good place to finally qualify for the big dance. This match is not a gimme however, as back in 2021 these 2 split matches. Since that he has gone 0-2 against Gage Curry and lost to Mickey up at 133 last year. I would believe that Camacho has made enough of a jump since 2021 to make him the favorite as long as he shows up at his best. Pitt Favored.

133: #23 Santaniello vs NR Adams
Adams is a true freshman who is 4-15, with 2 of his wins coming by forfeit of some kind. As the season has progressed he has kept the matches vs ranked opponents closer, but I still expect bonus from our guy. Pitt Favored

141: #22 Matthews vs NR Colman
Matthews beat Colman 20-7 last season, with the 3 point takedown and his recent offensive outburst vs NC State I would expect him to get a tech fall here. Pitt Favored

149:#28 Solomon vs NR Papscy
Papscy is 4-13 on the season, and none of his wins are against opponents of notable quality. He has been able to keep a decent amount of his losses close, so Finn may have some work to do, but I don't think an upset is at all likely. Pitt Favored.

157: NR Keslar vs NR Ferrero
Ferrero is 7-11 on the year and one of the Blue Devils better wrestlers. Him and Keslar have similar records and similar histories against common opponents. However, I am believing that Keslar's recent incredibly tough stretch of competition will have prepared him to put it on someone in a winnable match. Hoping we can see Keslar start a solid run in ACC matchups and give himself a shot at the big dance. Pitt Favored.

1st Half: 5 Pitt Favored, 0 Toss Up, 0 Duke Favored
This first half as some interesting matchups at 125 and 157, but anything other than a shutout going into halftime will be a letdown in my opinion.

165: #15 Heller vs NR Console
Console is 9-10 on the year, but has been struggling since a hot start. His most notable win was a 1st period fall over WVU's Hall back in November. He is obviously not a wrestler to take lightly, and if we don't see Holden bounce back to the way he was early in the season it could be a difficult one. I expect Holden to look better than he has an control this match for a dominant victory. Pitt Favored.

174: #21 Augustine vs NR Wimmer
Luca dropped a disappointing one to an old foe last week, and can use this match as a way to bounce back in a dominant fashion. Wimmer is 6-13 on the year with no results that make me think this match will be close at all. Pitt Favored

184: #9 Heller vs NR Becker
The highest ranked panther will look to continue his big momentum from last match. Becker is 5-12 on the year and has been able to keep some matches close. A win by bonus could show the jumps that Reece has taken. I expect Reece to avoid his occasional sloppy mistakes and go out to get the job done. Pitt Favored

197: #15 Stout vs Bonsu
Bonsu is 3-16 and has often lost by bonus, I expect Stout to go out, be aggressive and put up a lot of points. He has done a good job this season of winning the matches he is expected to and I believe that will continue here. Pitt Favored

285: NR Magin vs NR Barket
Barket is Duke's best wrestler going against the only backup in our lineup. Barket is a RSFR who is 14-11 on the year at heavyweight. He does not have any ranked wins but has beat some solid opponents. Magin is an unknown at HWT and based on that I feel like Barket is the favorite, but if Magin can get a win it would show that he is a legit backup option in our ACC duals. Duke Favored.

2nd Half:
4 Pitt Favored, 0 Toss Up, 1 Duke Favored, HWT is the only match that really jumps out to me out of this group. The rest should be some solid wins for the good guys.

Overall: 9 Pitt Favored, 0 Toss Up, 1 Duke Favored
This should be over quick and never be close. Duke is by far the worst team in the ACC and anything other than a dominant win is concerning for our overall dual season. I expect we get the job done and put up over 35 points as a team. H2P

Last edited:
Reactions: docpanther26
Not likely as long as Pfizer around.
The drug company? Someone call Moderna and take those Pfizer jerks out! We need a backup heavyweight and can't leg no drug pushers hold us down!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT