ADVERTISEMENT

3-9 that record

still boggles the mind. how he and cignetti saw Jurk play all spring, all summer, taking numerous reps, "Throwing" the ball ( i put that word in paranthesis) and still felt confident going forward that this QB is the guy that can win games at this level.

it is sooo obvious to anyone who watched a second of football that there was something seriously wrong with him, throwing the ball. This wasn't a "deer in headlights when the game starts" thing either, dude was like a 4th or 5th year guy who played many ACC games.. so the excuse, he practiced well but didnt do well in games in horse s**t..

maybe, and im just guessing but maybe there were so fully invested at that point that they knew there were problems but Narduzzi and cignetti couldnt make the switch cause they'd look dumb and promises were made to him and the family that their strategy was to hope for a prayer and everything they saw in spring and summer would magically go away once the season started.

As crazy at that sounds, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.. REgardless, a colossal screw up..

I love narduzzi for the most part but him deflecting that and putting it on cignetti with some parting shots instead of owning it was an amateur move too..

Reactions: Farnox and 303vND
You mean Narduzzi the great might have screwed up? Talk about deflecting blame “that’s the OC’s call. I don’t spend time with the offense”. Words of a great Head coach lmfao.

Reactions: 303vND
You mean Narduzzi the great might have screwed up? Talk about deflecting blame “that’s the OC’s call. I don’t spend time with the offense”. Words of a great Head coach lmfao.
If you're either a troll or stupid...

How much are you kicking in for NIL money? Don't tell me...... ZERO....Right? But yet you demand better recruits and better records... The only reason you probably get out of bed in the morning is to find somewhere else to sleep!

If you're that unhappy with the situation find another f^ckin' team to root for and quit your girlie whining....

Reactions: DruidTM and NCPitt
If you're either a troll or stupid...

How much are you kicking in for NIL money? Don't tell me...... ZERO....Right? But yet you demand better recruits and better records... The only reason you probably get out of bed in the morning is to find somewhere else to sleep!

If you're that unhappy with the situation find another f^ckin' team to root for and quit your girlie whining....
I can tell you this. It's a lot more than you and I am a lot higher than you on Panther Club list. Trust me. These kids are MAC and you can't face the truth or handle it. Heck we just flipped a kid from that powerhouse Eastern Michigan.....

I can tell you this. It's a lot more than you and I am a lot higher than you on Panther Club list. Trust me. These kids are MAC and you can't face the truth or handle it. Heck we just flipped a kid from that powerhouse Eastern Michigan.....
Here's how I handle it... I don't care how high or low these players are rated. The proof is on the field. A couple of more 3-9 seasons and we'll have our answer. The constant beating of the drum of negativity doesn't do any good. It's wasted energy.

Most of these players have other P4 offers as well. Are those teams stupid too? Recruiting is a lot tougher now than ever thanks to the portal and NIL.

Reactions: NCPitt and 303vND
Here's how I handle it... I don't care how high or low these players are rated. The proof is on the field. A couple of more 3-9 seasons and we'll have our answer. The constant beating of the drum of negativity doesn't do any good. It's wasted energy.

Most of these players have other P4 offers as well. Are those teams stupid too? Recruiting is a lot tougher now than ever thanks to the portal and NIL.
I will give you that, this last group of visits was a lot better on paper, thus no commits. I am one of the biggest Pitt fans and supporters, but I do not like what I am seeing from this new staff on the recruiting front and I never was a Narduzzi guy.. I hope and will be the first to come on here and eat crow if these guys prove me wrong

I will give you that, this last group of visits was a lot better on paper, thus no commits. I am one of the biggest Pitt fans and supporters, but I do not like what I am seeing from this new staff on the recruiting front and I never was a Narduzzi guy.. I hope and will be the first to come on here and eat crow if these guys prove me wrong
Honestly, am I impressed what I see on paper from our commits? Outside of a few, frankly, no. We definitely lost some of our best recruiters. Just hoping for the best and staying positive. Deep down, most posters feel the same way I do.

But the staff gets paid to recruit and develop. As I said, results are what counts. A couple more losing seasons and bad things will happen..... Peace....

still boggles the mind. how he and cignetti saw Jurk play all spring, all summer, taking numerous reps, "Throwing" the ball ( i put that word in paranthesis) and still felt confident going forward that this QB is the guy that can win games at this level.

it is sooo obvious to anyone who watched a second of football that there was something seriously wrong with him, throwing the ball. This wasn't a "deer in headlights when the game starts" thing either, dude was like a 4th or 5th year guy who played many ACC games.. so the excuse, he practiced well but didnt do well in games in horse s**t..

maybe, and im just guessing but maybe there were so fully invested at that point that they knew there were problems but Narduzzi and cignetti couldnt make the switch cause they'd look dumb and promises were made to him and the family that their strategy was to hope for a prayer and everything they saw in spring and summer would magically go away once the season started.

As crazy at that sounds, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.. REgardless, a colossal screw up..

I love narduzzi for the most part but him deflecting that and putting it on cignetti with some parting shots instead of owning it was an amateur move too..
Couldn't agree more - his first couple of throws were like Luis Tiant's eephus pitch.

PJ was always mentally dumb, even at BC.
The last year at BC it looked like his arm was shot from the earlier injury.

It’s not really a question, “how could they have seen this in the spring and wanted it?”

It’s how they could have watched him at BC and wanted it? What they saw in spring was just more of the same as what we all saw at BC.

PJ was always mentally dumb, even at BC.
The last year at BC it looked like his arm was shot from the earlier injury.

It’s not really a question, “how could they have seen this in the spring and wanted it?”

It’s how they could have watched him at BC and wanted it? What they saw in spring was just more of the same as what we all saw at BC.

I saw an interview with him last year and was left thinking afterwards, "I wonder if this dude could figure out how to open a can."

• Haha
I saw an interview with him last year and was left thinking afterwards, "I wonder if this dude could figure out how to open a can."

Last summer I cited PFF’s grade of him won’t one the 5 worst QBs in *all* of FBS in throwing from the pocket and said, “if this guy even plays average for us, we will be fortunate.”

Because if you can’t throw from the pocket, it means you aren’t reading the field. Add that to his poor INT worthy throw rate and it means you have no idea what is happening around you.

is still hard to stomach. I like Duzz but how did he not see that Jurkovec was damaged goods ?

I'm sure Duzz & Cigs both knew he was damaged goods. And knowing what they had to work with in the QB room last year, they probably still thought Jurkovec still gave them the best chance to win. I think they were caught more off guard by how atrocious last year's team was at running the ball and stopping the run.

The QB play was absolutely atrocious, yet a 7 win season was still there for the taking if they just had a decent running game and rushing defense.

QB was just one area of failure on last year's trainwreck of a season.

Some funny jokes about Jurkovec in this thread. He spurns Pitt twice, beats us, and then sucks for us. lol
Following recruiting is pointless now.
CFB has made its bed and its awful.
Lets hope this kid OC we have now is good.
3-9 does smell like old food in the garbage.

QB was just one area of failure on last year's trainwreck of a season.

The Syracuse game, giving up 200+ yards rushing to a QB who was a tight end and was planning to fire their coach at years end stands out as the worse. And not making at defensive stop at Wake Forest, although I still think the argument can be made that was a stolen game.

But the Syracuse game ranks down there with the DJ Hernandez-UCONN fiasco in 2006, or losing to BC in 2019 when they were about to fire their coach in the last game of the year.

Narduzzi gets a pass for last year, only coach to actually win something here since Sherrill so he deserves one outlier. But if this coaching staff reboot doesn't work (most times they don't) it will be time for a change.

Really just about anyone can deliver 6-6 seasons. Chryst slept walked through 3 years here and did that. Will be time to roll the dice if anything less than 5 wins happens this year.

is still hard to stomach. I like Duzz but how did he not see that Jurkovec was damaged goods ?

nitters had a 3-9 season followed by a 4-8. Problem was their recruiting got stronger as the pitch was to help rebuild the proud tradition and guys like Pozluzny, Lee, King, Derrick Williams all bought into it. Big reason why Walt had to go was he had them on the ropes and failed to deliver a knockout punch.

So Narduzzi deserves a chance also to turn around a 3-9 season. Problem is I don't see the recruiting getting stronger like the nits did after their tailspin.

nitters had a 3-9 season followed by a 4-8. Problem was their recruiting got stronger as the pitch was to help rebuild the proud tradition and guys like Pozluzny, Lee, King, Derrick Williams all bought into it. Big reason why Walt had to go was he had them on the ropes and failed to deliver a knockout punch.

So Narduzzi deserves a chance also to turn around a 3-9 season. Problem is I don't see the recruiting getting stronger like the nits did after their tailspin.
They’re just not a program that’s going to stay down for too long. However, I also feel that while their ceiling obviously isn’t as high, Pitt has been a fairly resilient program in their own right since the Walt era. Things could have easily gotten out of hand with all the coaching turnover, but they still hovered around 6-7 wins and Narduzzi bounced back from a rough 2017 too.

Obviously now the wild card here is all the BS with conference realignment and NIL… it’s going to test the resiliency of a lot of programs. Just frustrating how we bottomed out right in the midst of all this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT