ADVERTISEMENT

34 current players were on roster when Pitt went in to Clemson and won 2 years ago

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
Just a nice little note as to why Pitt might not be intimidated when they go to Charlotte in two weeks.

Most of those 34 weren't starters then, and only a few played, but they were there and part of the team.

Just a nice little note as to why Pitt might not be intimidated when they go to Charlotte in two weeks.

Most of those 34 weren't starters then, and only a few played, but they were there and part of the team.
I wonder how many of Clemson's were.

Familiarity helps the less talented team most certainly.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Clemson not as good as they were 2 years ago

But neither is Pitt

34-10 Clemson

I'm not going to make a prediction but we also won't be sneaking up on them this time. Running game will need to somehow produce against one of the best run D's. That said I think it'll be a close game.

Clemson may have some motive to show the last one was a fluke. Which, hey, it almost surely was, let's face it. But, if Pitt can weather the storm and keep it close, the later it goes, the more gnawing doubt might creep in with them..."could these guys do it to us again?"

Have to be able to block their front four to have any chance at all. Have a good a chance to do this as anyone.

Clemson not as good as they were 2 years ago

But neither is Pitt

34-10 Clemson

I think Clemson's defense is much better than it was 2 years ago. the offense is close. At least much more quick strike ability than last year. Your running game exposed some depth issues a few years ago on the DL, but now Clemson rotates three sets even when the game is on the line. At the end of the first quarter vs NCSU it was 0-0 and Clemson had already played 52 players.

My worry is that Clemson is a little snake bit vs Pitt. We are 0-2 against Pitt and those were two pretty good Clemson teams that Pitt beat. Hope it isn't some kind of curse.

With out a doubt Clemson will be by far the best team Pitt faces this year. Their D has not allowed more than 26 points in a game. Cuse gave them the best game when they knocked out Clemson’s Qb

I think this Pitt team is better on D that we were two years ago but this is a really tall order

KP is coming around so there is Hope. He has to play lights out. Gotta Hope we are at our best and Clemson has an off game to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT