ADVERTISEMENT

4 Pitt Guys Make All-ACC

Winslow was the man this year. Huge.

Big day Friday; The U punter hurt their field position on several of his 10 punts.
Not Winslow he was one of about 6 or 7 guys who played lights out.

I had jackasses all year complain about Idowu. Their critique based solely on the fact he is a walk on. He had a terrific year. And Zeise improved dramatically too. You douchenozzles are obsessed with star counts. Sometimes walkons do the trick.

I had jackasses all year complain about Idowu. Their critique based solely on the fact he is a walk on. He had a terrific year. And Zeise improved dramatically too. You douchenozzles are obsessed with star counts. Sometimes walkons do the trick.

he improved big time over the course of the year. Those 1st 3 games were not pretty at all. He made huge strides after those games.

Reactions: Jpripper88
No question Idowu had a great year, he was easily our most productive and consistent defensive player. There were numerous games where he performed at a high level only to have posters after the fact trashing him. There are a lot of people that just don't have any real idea what's actually going on when they watch a football game.

The ACC was just friggin loaded at DB this year. Look at those names! Last year it was QB's. This year, every team had a ton of DB's Jackson and Maddox were both very good but I can't bump any of those guys for either one. Same goes for Whitehead who is a legit mid-round NFL-draft guy at worst.

What is telling here is Whitehead did NOT make it. His suspension obviously affected
the voting. Also, am I the only one who thinks he's great, but has not shown a huge
improvement from his freshman year?

When Idowu won the starting spot in September, I posted that if a player like him was starting, we had some serious issues. I'm eating huge crow today. That kid has made himself into a heck of a player. He earned this honor.

No question Idowu had a great year, he was easily our most productive and consistent defensive player. There were numerous games where he performed at a high level only to have posters after the fact trashing him. There are a lot of people that just don't have any real idea what's actually going on when they watch a football game.
Everyone just wants to be an expert. Glad the media could recognize a great season. Congrats to Idowu and the rest of the guys.

What is telling here is Whitehead did NOT make it. His suspension obviously affected
the voting. Also, am I the only one who thinks he's great, but has not shown a huge

He's a very talented player, however, he still makes some serious mistakes resulting in huge plays (typically, as a safety, you are the last line of defense so mistakes are magnified) that you wouldn't expect at this point in his college career.

That said, he has all of the measurables that make most NFL teams extremely eager to find a place for him on their roster.

Idowu is our most improved player this year. Zeise also got better.
Ryan Winslow will be missed. What a way he went out though.
O'Neill had a great game of course too -- 39 drop backs, 0 sacks, 0 hurries against an athletic Miami line who even flopped their ends part way through to try something new.

I've read posts on this board predicting he'd go in the 2nd round. Even with the suspension, I'd think a 2nd rounder would at least be third team ACC.

Also,I'm a little surprised that O'Neill wasn't 1st or 2nd team if he's a guy that might leave early.

Seeing this coupled with Idouwu on the 2nd team, I wonder how much we are fooled by reputation and our preconceived notions.

Reactions: Chescat
I've read posts on this board predicting he'd go in the 2nd round. Even with the suspension, I'd think a 2nd rounder would at least be third team ACC.

Also,I'm a little surprised that O'Neill wasn't 1st or 2nd team if he's a guy that might leave early.

Seeing this coupled with Idouwu on the 2nd team, I wonder how much we are fooled by reputation and our preconceived notions.

I am of the beleife that Whitehead is great against the run and makes too many mistakes in the passing game, so I understand why he did not make it. he is a highly gifted athlete and a good football player, but he makes too many mistakes in the passing game for him to be a 2nd rounder. I see him more like a 5th rounder.

O'Neil I do not understand only being a 3rd teamer. He should be 2nd team at worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT