ADVERTISEMENT

5-3 Pitt Wins

The NC State game tomorrow against UNC is irrelevant. I wonder if NC State will save their top two pitchers for us and throw their Sunday starter tomorrow.

It’s irrelevant because if we beat them we win the pod. If they beat us they win the pod even if they lose to UNC.

The NC State game tomorrow against UNC is irrelevant. I wonder if NC State will save their top two pitchers for us and throw their Sunday starter tomorrow.

It’s irrelevant because if we beat them we win the pod. If they beat us they win the pod even if they lose to UNC.
The NC St/UNC game is on Friday.

• Haha
Reactions: LVNVPanther
Thursday night at 7 vs NC State on AT&T Sports. Winner advances.
Or for me, the ESPN App since I dont have Comcast. I turned it on today late and the 2nd pitch I saw was Washington's HR. The first pitch I saw vs Wake on Friday was a Wake HR. So that's weird.

BTW, that analyst with an English accent was fantastic. We need more English guys doing baseball color commentary.

Unfortunately, the season probably ends vs NC State as we cant beat them in anything. We can beat Clemson football, Duke and UNC basketball, FSU Baseball, etc. But NC State in ANYTHING???? Nope

Or for me, the ESPN App since I dont have Comcast. I turned it on today late and the 2nd pitch I saw was Washington's HR. The first pitch I saw vs Wake on Friday was a Wake HR. So that's weird.

BTW, that analyst with an English accent was fantastic. We need more English guys doing baseball color commentary.

Unfortunately, the season probably ends vs NC State as we cant beat them in anything. We can beat Clemson football, Duke and UNC basketball, FSU Baseball, etc. But NC State in ANYTHING???? Nope

I think we’re in the tourney win or lose IMO

I think we’re in the tourney win or lose IMO
I can't say I pay close attention to the baseball bubble but my guess is if we lose to NC State, our bad finish keeps us out.....but yes, I could see us getting in with an L to NC State.

I can't say I pay close attention to the baseball bubble but my guess is if we lose to NC State, our bad finish keeps us out.....but yes, I could see us getting in with an L to NC State.
Nor do I - but I think Pitt’s 17 Quad 1 wins are most in the country behind just Vanderbilt (#4 RPi) and Arkansas (#1 RPI) ; as comparison we are 17-11 vs Q1 and UNC is 12-20. Very few teams have more than 14 Q1 wins. That would make PItt a virtual lock if we were talking basketball.

I think that’s gets us in if we are truly on the bubble. A loss last night and I’m not so sure.

Reactions: gary2
GT played Clemson today in a game that meant nothing. If they beat Louisville in their 2nd game they win the pod because Louisville beat Clemson. They started their #5 starter who had a 6.50 ERA and followed him with a guy with a 9.58 ERA. Clemson leads them 8-3 in the 6th.

I think we can expect the same strategy from NC State. Their game against UNC is meaningless. If they beat us, they win the pod. They will start their ace and have their 2 and 3 starters ready if needed.

I think we can expect the same strategy from NC State. Their game against UNC is meaningless. If they beat us, they win the pod. They will start their ace and have their 2 and 3 starters ready if needed.

Well, other than the fact that our number one starter won't be available because he started the first game, Pitt will be in the same mode pitching-wise on Thursday. They are certainly not going to be making it harder to win on Thursday by saving people for a Saturday game that may not happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT