ADVERTISEMENT

5 Commits today and counting

I don’t think they all are from this weekend. I think at least two are last weekend visitors concerned about losing their spot if they waited any longer. But, if you eliminate Parks and Royal, who are two very long shots to commit this weekend, any 4 of the others would be excellent gets. And, this kind of momentum tends to drive itself.

I don’t think they all are from this weekend. I think at least two are last weekend visitors concerned about losing their spot if they waited any longer. But, if you eliminate Parks and Royal, who are two very long shots to commit this weekend, any 4 of the others would be excellent gets. And, this kind of momentum tends to drive itself.

Well, recruiting experts who get paid for it believe both of your theories are wrong.

I gotta admit I'll be mad if we don't get at least 1 4 star . I mean come on.
Come to Pitt !!!!!

This is the best day in 30 years for Pitt football. Three 3* and one 4* - Narduzzi has taken the Coastal championship and launched our program closer to elite status.

Parks is not a name I have heard.

I’m going with Henningham as #5 because I was told all but one of the Florida visitors have committed and if Pinter had been one along with Brown, I think Partridge would be doing backflips on the Cathedral lawn.

For me the surprise in this is that my guesses before the weekend on the most likely to commit would have been Roberts and Hunter and I haven’t heard either name.

I think there is some concern that the momentum on this is out of hand and they might get commits who haven’t really thought things through. Which likely translates to later decommitments. I wouldn’t expect any more today. I think they want the other visitors to wait until at least tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: vietvet1
Go back to your board and be with the rest of your fans who are joyful that you had a coach overlook another coach diddling little boys.

I reported this simpleton to Chris before, but he likes to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Parks is not a name I have heard.

I’m going with Henningham as #5 because I was told all but one of the Florida visitors have committed and if Pinter had been one along with Brown, I think Partridge would be doing backflips on the Cathedral lawn.

For me the surprise in this is that my guesses before the weekend on the most likely to commit would have been Roberts and Hunter and I haven’t heard either name.

I think there is some concern that the momentum on this is out of hand and they might get commits who haven’t really thought things through. Which likely translates to later decommitments. I wouldn’t expect any more today. I think they want the other visitors to wait until at least tomorrow.
We have 10 confirmed commits. 7 are rated at 5.5 on rivals. I understand they have good offers and might be getting a bump. It worries me that we seem to have a lot of de/lb and wr/db types and not much of anything else.

We have 10 confirmed commits. 7 are rated at 5.5 on rivals. I understand they have good offers and might be getting a bump. It worries me that we seem to have a lot of de/lb and wr/db types and not much of anything else.

Everything always seems to worry you.

I do agree that so many "5.5" rated players theoretically can be problematic if the goal is to field a perennial top 25 team. That being said, since most of these guys (as you recognize) have good offer sheets, we shouldn't worry too much unless those ratings don't get bumped up once senior season (fall 2019) performance is factored into the ratings by sometime in December or January. It would definitely be encouraging to see a lot more 5.7 and higher numbers at that point!

As to what positions are being filled right now: The coaching staff knows what positions they need to fill and won't be over recruiting some positions while under recruiting others just to fill a class. Also, keep in mind that college coaches are recruiting players for the position they expect the recruits should be best suited for when they are physically mature 3rd year college players (i.e., 20-21 year old RS Sophs/Juniors). The position a kid is recruited to fill later may not be the position he plays in high school.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT