ADVERTISEMENT

55K for Saturday?

No way. There were way more than that. And the lots were full. But the most disappointing to me was the student section. Not the ones that were there and stayed, but the ones that clearly didn't show and left a extremely tight game early.

mini fall break this weekend and many went home for long weekend.

Reactions: bwh05
When we play home games on student breaks I’d like to see the ticket office try to maybe get some high school students tickets

My section was packed, my lot was 100% full, the clubs were full. The visitors side surprisingly filled in. Other than perhaps the students, which wasn't significantly that different, it was a bigger crowd than YSU. Stand by my estimate of over 40K.

There have been a bunch of students in the upper level end zone sections for every game this year except for yesterday, when the lower level student sections weren't even close to full. There were far, far fewer students there (and there's a reason for that) than at any other game this season.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
I sit in 133. I would say the Home side lower bowl was probably 88% – 90% full stretching from goal line to goal line. Lower bowl visitor side was probably 70% full. The 3 upper decks maybe 5% full. I’m guessing 35K were there.

Forget about next Thursday night, it’s going to be pathetic. I don’t care if it’s 65° with not a cloud in the sky. Nobody’s going to the game. Half of the season ticket holders are going to stay home. They’ll be lucky to have 20,000 people in the stands. I’m done caring about it though. I’ll be there, doesn’t matter who else is or isn’t. Just beat the piss out of the Orange.

I’ve said this so many times; Pitt doesn’t have an attendance problem, they have a stadium problem. Acrisure has about 25,000 more seats than Pitt needs. And there are no casual Pitt fans in town, I’m convinced of it. Nobody wakes up on a Saturday morning and goes, “ I think I’ll go to the Pitt game today.”. Nobody does that. You’re either all in on Pitt, or you’re all out. There are so many Penn State fans, and a good number of WVU fans in Pittsburgh as well. Hell, there are even a bunch of Notre Dame and Ohio State fans. I just think it’s a byproduct of where Pitt is located in relation to those other schools. Pitt fans max out at maybe 40,000–45,000. Of course when Penn State, WVU, Notre Dame come to town they fill the stadium out. Those times are few and far between and for people who don’t show up, so what? There’s really no value in Pitt tickets, they’re so cheap compared to the price of other schools. It’s really no skin off the nose of people who have tickets to just waste them.

How hard would it be to move the camera wells to the visitor side of the field? This is where not having your own stadium comes in as a detriment. The visual would be so much different if the cameras were showing the Pitt side of the field. There wouldn’t be nearly as many of those god-awful yellow seats.

On another note, I remember at Pitt Stadium they offered $5 youth tickets for kids 16 and under. It was great for me as someone who was newly married with young children. I would bring my oldest two to as many games as I could. I’m surprised they don’t try something like that. What could possibly be bad about that, other than they may have to have a few extra staff on hand to open up an additional concession stand.

There have been a bunch of students in the upper level end zone sections for every game this year except for yesterday, when the lower level student sections weren't even close to full. There were far, far fewer students there (and there's a reason for that) than at any other game this season.
Yeah, you are right, it was noticeable. I don't know if it was that different than YSU though, but it was for the others. I don't remember the YSU upper decks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT