ADVERTISEMENT

7-6 Arkansas got Liberty Bowl Champion rings

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

What's even better is they technically didnt win the game as I see it. It ended in a tie after 2 OTs. Arkansas was declared the champion after winning the college football version of PK's.

Arkansas was declared the champion after winning the college football version of PK's.
That's a legit win based on the rules in place, if you think it's not then soccer games decided by PKs are just as illegitimate.

To be fair I'm pretty sure most teams get watches or rings to play and win these games. Maybe they shouldn't have had such an over the top video announcing it to the world though

That's a legit win based on the rules in place, if you think it's not then soccer games decided by PKs are just as illegitimate.

In soccer, it counts as a tie as it should in football. Its stupid what they've done with college football OT. Just call the game a tie. You played 60 minutes + 2 OTs and no team has won so they decided on this coin flip to decide the winner. I like the excitement of PKs in soccer but its a terrible way to decide who goes to the next round just as dueling plays from the 3 yard line is in college football. That sounds like something they'd do in midget football.

Arkansas got rings for tying Kansas in the Liberty Bowl is how I see it

In soccer, it counts as a tie as it should in football. Its stupid what they've done with college football OT. Just call the game a tie. You played 60 minutes + 2 OTs and no team has won so they decided on this coin flip to decide the winner. I like the excitement of PKs in soccer but its a terrible way to decide who goes to the next round just as dueling plays from the 3 yard line is in college football. That sounds like something they'd do in midget football.

Actually, it's not a bad way, each team given the same number of plays, whoever succeeds most is the winner. what's wrong with that?

Actually, it's not a bad way, each team given the same number of plays, whoever succeeds most is the winner. what's wrong with that?

Because its not football. Its like deciding a basketball game by a FT contest. Just play freaking football and if it takes 30 minutes longer, that's ok

Don't all bowl winners get RINGS???
They do, players can end up with multiple rings if the team wins enough.

Conference Championship ring
Bowl Game win ring
National Championship ring from school
National Championship ring from CFP

Josten's has a nice racket going on.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
They do, players can end up with multiple rings if the team wins enough.

Conference Championship ring
Bowl Game win ring
National Championship ring from school
National Championship ring from CFP

Josten's has a nice racket going on.

You forgot the division championship ring. Also, rings for attendance championships.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I don’t know if Pitt gave out a ring for the Quick Lane Bowl, but they definitely gave out rings for the Coastal Division in 2018.

Kid baseball teams get rings for winning a 4 team weekend tournament. They are fake rings though.

What's even better is they technically didnt win the game as I see it. It ended in a tie after 2 OTs. Arkansas was declared the champion after winning the college football version of PK's.
Trophy for not much sentiment coming from your side of the left/right paradigm, not mine...

If you broght that ring to Rick from Pawn Stars, how much do you think he would offer?

Because its not football. Its like deciding a basketball game by a FT contest. Just play freaking football and if it takes 30 minutes longer, that's ok
Who cares, I wish NFL would play college OT. it's more fun than NFL OT, and never ends in a tie, who cares if it's "real football".

Who cares, I wish NFL would play college OT. it's more fun than NFL OT, and never ends in a tie, who cares if it's "real football".

I hate ending any competition with a random contest. They might as well flip a coin or decide it based on who can punt it the farthest. Maybe they can settle basketball games by a game of knockout. These are all fun contests but not a way to decide a serious sporting event. I will lose my mind the first time Pitt loses a game in this terrible format

I hate ending any competition with a random contest. They might as well flip a coin or decide it based on who can punt it the farthest. Maybe they can settle basketball games by a game of knockout. These are all fun contests but not a way to decide a serious sporting event. I will lose my mind the first time Pitt loses a game in this terrible format
Basketball is different, it's almost certain that enough scoring will happen in 5 minutes to end the game, in football, hockey or soccer you need to do something different, or it can go on forever. And yeah, ending it timely matters, those Stanley Cup Playoff games that go until 4am suck IMO. play the 3-on-3 have a shootout and END IT.

Basketball is different, it's almost certain that enough scoring will happen in 5 minutes to end the game, in football, hockey or soccer you need to do something different, or it can go on forever. And yeah, ending it timely matters, those Stanley Cup Playoff games that go until 4am suck IMO. play the 3-on-3 have a shootout and END IT.

Soccer should be golden goal and maybe take 1 or 2 players off the field. Also allow unlimited subbing. If it takes 6 hours, oh well. Hockey games till 4 AM are fine every once in awhile. College football should be like NFL OT and if it ends it a tie, fine. Calling a team a winner because they won 1-0 on PKs is stupid. That is a tie game with an *

Soccer should be golden goal and maybe take 1 or 2 players off the field. Also allow unlimited subbing. If it takes 6 hours, oh well. Hockey games till 4 AM are fine every once in awhile. College football should be like NFL OT and if it ends it a tie, fine. Calling a team a winner because they won 1-0 on PKs is stupid. That is a tie game with an *
No, sports are just TV entertainment, I watch for myself, not for what's right, I don't want 6-hour soccer games, or NHL from 8pm to 4am. End in a reasonable amount of time with a winner decided somehow. College football was fine before the current alternating 2-point conversion thing, trading possessions from the 25 decided a winner fast enough. NHL 3-on-3 with a shootout is perfect, satisfying for my entertainment purposes, NFL should adopt the previous version of college OT. Soccer being golden goal makes total sense too, but if it still doesn't end in 120 minutes, enough is enough, people have things to do.

Why is this even an issue for you? If they won the game following a mutually agreed upon process, then they WON the game. Then if they want to get Championship Rings made or Championship Underwear, good for them.
It is really no different then the local club/travel Soccer team, Basketball team or Ice Hockey team wins a tournament and gets a trophy made for their players.
Instead of a trophy or banner, they got rings made.

You are seeing it WRONG. I did LOL when I saw you use the words "excitement" and "soccer" together in the same sentence.

Reactions: Celtsfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT