ADVERTISEMENT

7 ACC Teams

I missed one, had Louisville in over Syracuse. Not all that much controversy this year.

Reactions: thebadby2
I feel they got it right. L’Ville just didn’t have enough good wins. They could still get in as first replacement.

I feel they got it right. L’Ville just didn’t have enough good wins. They could still get in as first replacement.

It seemed like a lot of people thought the biggest issue was UCLA and MSU being relegated to the play in game, but I’m not buying it. UCLA literally crapped the bed down the stretch, and for all of their great wins Michigan St was still a 15-12 team.

Both should be happy they managed to make it in.

That's weird considering the ACC was the worst conference in the history of basketball according to the resident hoopie.

The worst the ACC has ever been and I would be correct. Look at these seeds

I'm not sure its even remotely close. Definitely the worst year ever for the ACC. SMF knows college basketball

It seemed like a lot of people thought the biggest issue was UCLA and MSU being relegated to the play in game, but I’m not buying it. UCLA literally crapped the bed down the stretch, and for all of their great wins Michigan St was still a 15-12 team.

Both should be happy they managed to make it in.

Can UCLA turn it back on? I imagine the Spartans will be a massive public play, probably with good reason.

Any of the early lines strike you as soft? I’m a little surprised App St only like a 2 point favorite against Norfolk.

I suspect this year's ACC performance, without Covid messing with the entire college hoops world, would have resulted in the ACC getting fewer than the 7 bids it got.

Can UCLA turn it back on? I imagine the Spartans will be a massive public play, probably with good reason.

Any of the early lines strike you as soft? I’m a little surprised App St only like a 2 point favorite against Norfolk.

We are thinking alike, App St -2 the only one of the Thursday games I played. I made my number at 4.5 so I’m happy with it, most places I see up to 3 now so there’s some value there.

I can’t support UCLA right now, they are struggling mightily down the stretch, the USC loss was particularly brutal. Unfortunately I have future tickets on both them and MSU at 300-1 and was hoping they would avoid the play in game, now I’m going to lose one just for the other to make the regular field.

This is very typical SMF. Make a prediction, get it wrong, then pretend you made a different prediction so you can claim you are right.

Reactions: caleco's
He's not very good at this.
Soccer.............ranked
Baseball........ ranked
Wrestling...... ranked
Volleyball..... ranked

SMF's take: "Cut their budgets and give their monies to football and basketball."

He should change his name do "DMF", the D srtands for Dumb and you can easily figure our what the MF stands for.

This is very typical SMF. Make a prediction, get it wrong, then pretend you made a different prediction so you can claim you are right.

I was wrong on the teams. Right on it being the worst year ever for the league. So 1 for 2.

I was wrong on the teams. Right on it being the worst year ever for the league. So 1 for 2.

The weakest year the ACC has been was 2013 when the league received 4 ncaa bids. I literally pointed this out to you before and figured you had accepted it.

Now you are doubling down when I told you the ACC wouldn't be close to 4 NCAA bids this year.

The 2013 tournament teams from the ACC

Miami-2 Seed, Sweet 16
Duke-2 Seed, Elite 8
North Carolina-8 Seed, 2nd round loss
NC State-8 Seed, 1st round loss

The ACC had 7 teams in this year and the first team out in Louisville which would have been 8. That isnt close to 4 and isnt close to 2013.

Its also official. Pitt has 4 wins against NCAA Tournament teams this year. I wanted to also point that out since a few people thought Pitt would beat 0 tournament teams and that was also proven to be false.

The weakest year the ACC has been was 2013 when the league received 4 ncaa bids. I literally pointed this out to you before and figured you had accepted it.

Now you are doubling down when I told you the ACC wouldn't be close to 4 NCAA bids this year.

The 2013 tournament teams from the ACC

Miami-2 Seed, Sweet 16
Duke-2 Seed, Elite 8
North Carolina-8 Seed, 2nd round loss
NC State-8 Seed, 1st round loss

The ACC had 7 teams in this year and the first team out in Louisville which would have been 8. That isnt close to 4 and isnt close to 2013.

Its also official. Pitt has 4 wins against NCAA Tournament teams this year. I wanted to also point that out since a few people thought Pitt would beat 0 tournament teams and that was also proven to be false.

There were only 12 teams in 2013 and they got 2 2 seeds which is pretty good. 2021 is the weakest year ever.

There were only 12 teams in 2013 and they got 2 2 seeds which is pretty good. 2021 is the weakest year ever.
tapestry,1000x-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

You will go to no ends to spin things. Just take the L. It’s ok. You should be used to it.

btw, 2013, 1/3rd of ACC teams made it
2021-7/15. So do the math.

and did you ever stop to think that 2013 would have seen more ACC teams if the league RPI was strong enough, and that maybe the 2 #2 seeds didn’t have the resume of a #1 seed because there weren’t enough quality wins on the league schedule?

Reactions: Ski11585
You will go to no ends to spin things. Just take the L. It’s ok. You should be used to it.

btw, 2013, 1/3rd of ACC teams made it
2021-7/15. So do the math.

and did you ever stop to think that 2013 would have seen more ACC teams if the league RPI was strong enough, and that maybe the 2 #2 seeds didn’t have the resume of a #1 seed because there weren’t enough quality wins on the league schedule?

If you are judging a league SOLELY based on the number of NCAAT bids then yes, 2013 was worse but as we know, there are other things to consider like the poor seeding that ACC teams got.

If you are judging a league SOLELY based on the number of NCAAT bids then yes, 2013 was worse but as we know, there are other things to consider like the poor seeding that ACC teams got.
Soon you"ll resort to factoring in attendance totals and average coaching salaries to claim you were correct. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
The worst the ACC has ever been and I would be correct. Look at these seeds

I'm not sure its even remotely close. Definitely the worst year ever for the ACC. SMF knows college basketball

What will Capel do when the conference gets better next year? 🤔

The ACC had company this year. The BE was also pathetic, needing Georgetown to be a bid thief to avoid a 3 bid year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT