#16 Baylor - L
#17 Texas A&M - L
#18 Oklahoma - L
#19 BYU - W
#20 Arkansas - L
#21 Minnesota - L
#22 Wake Forest - W
#23 Florida State - L

With a win, Pitt will move up at least 3 or 4 spots.

#15 Washington - L
#16 Baylor - L
#17 Texas A&M - L
#18 Oklahoma - L
#19 BYU - W
#20 Arkansas - L
#21 Minnesota - L
#22 Wake Forest - W
#23 Florida State - L

If they use the PSU formula for ranking we should move up 12 spots with a 10 point win.

Reactions: Farnox
Best thing Pitt can do is destroy GT and move up a bunch of spots.

But I think we all know Pitt is going to force the run and eak out a victory in the 4th quarter.

And TCU will move in.

That's why I said 3 or 4 spots and not 6 or 7.

We need to clearly defeat Ga Tech, and if so, this could be the week we jump 7 spots. TCU cannot debut at #17.

We need to clearly defeat Ga Tech, and if so, this could be the week we jump 7 spots. TCU cannot debut at #17.
They already have articles about TCU as a contender so I fully expect top 15 tomorrow and rightfully so. They are winning with style and undefeated. Pitt has a close home win against WVU who is getting blown out at Texas, Rhode Island, and WMU. If they remain ranked with a close home win against GT I’ll be shocked. There are plenty of 1 loss teams now who also have good wins, which we lack.

They already have articles about TCU as a contender so I fully expect top 15 tomorrow and rightfully so. They are winning with style and undefeated. Pitt has a close home win against WVU who is getting blown out at Texas, Rhode Island, and WMU. If they remain ranked with a close home win against GT I’ll be shocked. There are plenty of 1 loss teams now who also have good wins, which we lack.

I really doubt it. But if our offense doesn't stop pooping the bed, it's all moot point.

Pitt will drop out of polls even with a win. This offensive showing is horrendous!

Reactions: pbrad
Totally unprepared to play.
Maybe so, but just as likely is that…we just aren’t that good. We haven’t really looked that good all year, even though many on here acted like we were and it was all just injuries and so on.

Maybe so, but just as likely is that…we just aren’t that good. We haven’t really looked that good all year, even though many on here acted like we were and it was all just injuries and so on.

We are saying the same thing. The pollsters knew it and that's why they were hesitant to move us up.

It seems to me that after the top 9 or 10, that Pitt is one of about 50 teams that are interchangeable.

Well, I would not have thought Ga Tech was one of those next 50 teams and we are pretty much being dominated by them so there's that.

We are saying the same thing. The pollsters knew it and that's why they were hesitant to move us up.
Nah, I don’t think we are. At least I don’t interpret ‘we are unprepared’ as the same thing as we just plain ole aren’t that good. Blaming it on being unprepared suggests we are really better than we’re showing here. I don’t think that’s the case.

Reactions: h2p_5150
Nah, I don’t think we are. At least I don’t interpret ‘we are unprepared’ as the same thing as we just plain ole aren’t that good. Blaming it on being unprepared suggests we are really better than we’re showing here. I don’t think that’s the case.

OK, it's now 26 to 7. How about unprepared AND not good enough?

But Ga Tech has scored a total of 20 points against their last 5 FBS-1 opponents. So does that mean our talent is THAT bad?

Let's just say it's both.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
OK, it's now 26 to 7. How about unprepared AND not good enough?

But Ga Tech has scored a total of 20 points against their last 5 FBS-1 opponents. So does that mean our talent is THAT bad?

Let's just say it's both.
Now you’re making it worse than it really is….it’s not 26-7 😂

DT only posts when Pitt loses. He's an anti football guy that is currently staring at the photo of Jaime Dixon in his bedroom.

I can’t agree. They rewarded Tennessee for beating us in OT when we missed two short fgs and had a one legged QB. The pollsters have no idea. They just vote with bias. And nights like this through the years is the reason why.

• Haha
Reactions: LordoftheTides
I can’t agree. They rewarded Tennessee for beating us in OT when we missed two short fgs and had a one legged QB. The pollsters have no idea. They just vote with bias. And nights like this through the years is the reason why.

I hear you ... I thought the same thing before tonight. Unfortunately, they were right to be bias.

Well, I would not have thought Ga Tech was one of those next 50 teams and we are pretty much being dominated by them so there's that.
Why not? They lost to top 10 Clemson and Ole Miss. They lost to UCF. Had we played their schedule, we would prolly be 1-3 as well. My biggest frustration is running it on 3rd and 5 multiple times. Like at least make an attempt to throw slightly pass the chains.

What is the very last number in ranking? When you lose such an unforgivable game, you should be ranked at the very bottom. Totally serious too.

Why not? They lost to top 10 Clemson and Ole Miss. They lost to UCF. Had we played their schedule, we would prolly be 1-3 as well. My biggest frustration is running it on 3rd and 5 multiple times. Like at least make an attempt to throw slightly pass the chains.
I'm not even sure what we are debating anymore. Let's just agree that we shouldn't be ranked.

My comments in this thread haven’t really been related to rankings/pollsters, don’t really care much about that this early in the season.

Moreso just how good our team is or isn’t. I’ve suspected all season our offense wasn’t very good. Unfortunately, this game is really proving that so……either that or GT’s defense is way better than I thought.

And while our defense is decent, it’s nowhere near as good as I thought it might be heading into this season.

My comments in this thread haven’t really been related to rankings/pollsters, don’t really care much about that this early in the season.

Moreso just how good our team is or isn’t. I’ve suspected all season our offense wasn’t very good. Unfortunately, this game is really proving that so……either that or GT’s defense is way better than I thought.

And while our defense is decent, it’s nowhere near as good as I thought it might be heading into this season.

I hear you and this is fair. I'll completely confess I was completely on the bandwagon this year, even before real solid evidence. Maybe it's just because I enjoyed last year so much.

Well, we don't have to worry about being ranked the rest of the year after this loss. Or we shouldn't be ranked the rest of the year.

A good thing that comes from this loss....I don't have to worry about parking for the game for the rest of the year. No one will be going and I can park anywhere, even up to game time.

Well DT, basketball season will start soon. I think there is some hope there and maybe something to look forward to. The manner in which this football team plays and loses is very disheartening.

Well DT, basketball season will start soon. I think there is some hope there and maybe something to look forward to. The manner in which this football team plays and loses is very disheartening.

For better or worse, I've been enjoying football more than hoops lately. I loved last year's football team. It was actually a really tough time in my life and Kenny and the football team helped pull me through it. I've had season tickets for football since the 80's when I was a student. I can't imagine why someone would think I'm anti-football.

If I was anti-football, I don't think I'd be so discouraged by this loss.

At least we won't see anymore stupid threads like this. We won't have to worry about rankings anymore after tonight, we are gone for good. Total disgrace.

#15 Washington - L
#16 Baylor - L
#17 Texas A&M - L
#18 Oklahoma - L
#19 BYU - W
#20 Arkansas - L
#21 Minnesota - L
#22 Wake Forest - W
#23 Florida State - L

Can you say “squandered opportunity?” Thought we were past this crap. Nope.

I was on the band wagon. The return of the OL seemed such a great omen. The return of many solid guys on D and in the backfield. I honestly thought there was real opp to run the table (I had us losing to Miami, because we always do, but to win the rest). Honest Dreams of flirting with a playoff run. I really thought the program had finally taken a step from pretenders to contenders.

I should have known with such a hollow uninspired OC hire and the loss of Addison that it signaled another massive disappointment in store.

The OL it turns out only returned because none of them had particularly good prospects for the pros nor even as transfer bait, apparently. Cig was as lame as feared, learned nothing innovative since his first ill fated team with us. Slovis proves the point that most transfer QBs who have to step downward from a top program are doing so for a reason…specifically, that they stink. And the best MAC receiver is lipstick on a pig compared to the loss of a truly great one like Addison. I really really wanted that one not to be true, because of how crass it was that he was stolen away, so that particularly hurts. But I may even more be disappointed that the defense is still very average, and totally quit when it mattered in both the TN game and tonight. How can the LB still be so dam bad after 8 years of this guy?

It all adds up to another .500 borefest, a waste of everyone’s time.

I should know what this program is by now and it was foolish to have such lofty optimism. It is doomed to be a perennial .500 gibrone program until the plug gets mercifully pulled and we drop the sport when the big programs pull away for its own league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT