ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of comments

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
1 - Our receivers didn't get much separation today

2 - Much like last week, not playing great this week, keeps our head on straight for next week.

Mike Leach had like 4 weeks to implement his Air Raid. And I’m currently watching him take a bunch of middle of the road receivers and Light up LSU.

Narduzzi is allowed to hire an OC whose scheme creates spacing Issues for the defense. That’s allowed.

LSU lost 17 starters. Their ranking is all based on rep and recruiting. Not to mention, I think they had Rona issues. Be open to the possibility they might not be very good.

Reactions: Mikefln
LSU lost 17 starters. Their ranking is all based on rep and recruiting. Not to mention, I think they had Rona issues. Be open to the possibility they might not be very good.

Their defense is going to struggle all year against decent QB’s. Assuming Stingley returns that will certainly help, but literally none of these guys played last year and it really shows.

Is Mississippi State’s offensive talent better than ours?
Is Lville’s defense better than LSU’s?

People are missing the point. I’m not arguing that LSU has an elite defense. But they have one of the more respected defensive minds and 4/5 Star talent everywhere.

And Mike Leach in 4 weeks took a transfer and a bunch of low level 3 * kids recruited to run a power spread, and is doing on offense what Narduzzi and his hand picked OC and recruits wouldn’t be able to do if you gave him 4 years.

Offensive systems matter.

Louisville appeared to have a decent DB unit. They were pretty aggressive.

They are so bad Phil Steele didn’t even have it ranked going into the season and his rankings go up to 60.
They didn’t look that bad to me. Not saying they are all-Americans, but they had talent in the secondary.

People are missing the point. I’m not arguing that LSU has an elite defense. But they have one of the more respected defensive minds and 4/5 Star talent everywhere.

And Mike Leach in 4 weeks took a transfer and a bunch of low level 3 * kids recruited to run a power spread, and is doing on offense what Narduzzi and his hand picked OC and recruits wouldn’t be able to do if you gave him 4 years.

The Louisville system didn't seem to matter much to Piit.

Reactions: ThePanthers
The Louisville system didn't seem to matter much to Piit.

Right, always nice to have a talent advantage that can neutralize schemes.

We don’t have that on offense and probably never will. So offensive scheme matters for us significantly. Which is what makes Watson and Whipple hires so concerning. It’s why we’ve been asking, “when will our receivers get separation?” for like 4 years.

Right, always nice to have a talent advantage that can neutralize schemes.

We don’t have that on offense and probably never will. So offensive scheme matters for us significantly. Which is what makes Watson and Whipple hires so concerning. It’s why we’ve been asking, “when will our receivers get separation?” for like 4 years.
They had plenty of separation against Syracuse. Had a good bit of separation in most games last season.

It good be that the Louisville defense took away the deep ball and kept everything in front of them like the cuse. Get the running game going things will open up. Pitt wrs are also fast.

Mike Leach had like 4 weeks to implement his Air Raid. And I’m currently watching him take a bunch of middle of the road receivers and Light up LSU.

Narduzzi is allowed to hire an OC whose scheme creates spacing Issues for the defense. That’s allowed.
Do you really think that a guy that was hired to work on January 9 of this year only worked on putting in his offense with his team for 4 weeks? So, the time in-between, the kids were doing nothing with each other, had no playbook access and were not talking often to coaches?

Miss St 2020 team composite ranking is 25th in the country. They have 16 4* or better on the roster.

LSU is 6th.

Do you really think that a guy that was hired to work on January 9 of this year only worked on putting in his offense with his team for 4 weeks? So, the time in-between, the kids were doing nothing with each other, had no playbook access and were not talking often to coaches?

Yes, I think they practiced for 4 weeks.

Miss St 2020 team composite ranking is 25th in the country. They have 16 4* or better on the roster.

LSU is 6th.

So you’re saying the disparity if we played LSU would be even greater than LSU-MSU? So there’s even more of a need for us to create a systematic advantage? And yet, we’re over here hiring the firm of Watson and Whipple...

So you’re saying the disparity if we played LSU would be even greater than LSU-MSU? So there’s even more of a need for us to create a systematic advantage? And yet, we’re over here hiring the firm of Watson and Whipple...

Nope, just saying Leach inherited a solid roster. 11 of the 4* players are on the offensive side as well.

Leach is a special offensive mind. If Pitt wants that level of an offensive coordinator- they would need to fire Narduzzi and hire Mike Leach.

Most importantly they lost Joe Brady and his offensive mind. The trigger man is gone as well.

They caught their lightning in a bottle last year with great senior skill talent and an OC who knew how to design and call an offense that was unstoppable at the college level. Now Coach O is back to being Coach O again.

I have ocean front property for you to purchase at great prices in South Dakota if you think that these kids only spent 4 weeks practicing (and nothing else) to install Leach's offense ...

I have a secret for you: it doesn’t take more than 4 weeks of practicing an Air Raid to have it down. That’s the point of the *Air Raid.*. That’s why Leach breaks it off into everybody every single year. It’s a simple offense that allows you a baseline level of production, regardless of talent. Lincoln Riley would talk about when he played for Leach, they would literally run one play the entire practice. That’s it. Today would be “4 Verts” day, and the offense would run 4 verts the entire practice.

You’re seeing the same thing with Miami and Lashlee’s offense.

The best offenses in college football have small playbooks. They dont’ overcomplicate it. They aren’t relying on a wave of plays to stress a defense.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
It good be that the Louisville defense took away the deep ball and kept everything in front of them like the cuse. Get the running game going things will open up. Pitt wrs are also fast.
We don’t have the deep ball in our toolbox.

I have a secret for you: it doesn’t take more than 4 weeks of practicing an Air Raid to have it down. That’s the point of the *Air Raid.*. That’s why Leach breaks it off into everybody every single year. It’s a simple offense that allows you a baseline level of production, regardless of talent. Lincoln Riley would talk about when he played for Leach, they would literally run one play the entire practice. That’s it. Today would be “4 Verts” day, and the offense would run 4 verts the entire practice.

You’re seeing the same thing with Miami and Lashlee’s offense.

The best offenses in college football have small playbooks. They dont’ overcomplicate it. They aren’t relying on a wave of plays to stress a defense.
The hardest part of Leach’s scheme to learn and implement is probably the O-line blocking. Those super wide staggered gaps and the complex angles Leach uses to keep the DL off his QB and to open up the zone run game. O linemen are usually the smartest guys on the team outside of the QB, but it’s still hard for them to retool their techniques. There’s a lot of muscle memory and habit there.

Nope, just saying Leach inherited a solid roster. 11 of the 4* players are on the offensive side as well.

Leach is a special offensive mind. If Pitt wants that level of an offensive coordinator- they would need to fire Narduzzi and hire Mike Leach.

Not really.
You’re looking at a lot of the transfers whose rating today would not be a 4*, but the team talent calculator doesn’t adjust that.

It would be like saying, “Look, Pitt has a 5* QB on the roster” in reference to Browne a few years ago. He wasn’t really a 5* by the time he got to Pitt.

He'd bitch about the defense and the points given up.

Most importantly they lost Joe Brady and his offensive mind. The trigger man is gone as well.

They caught their lightning in a bottle last year with great senior skill talent and an OC who knew how to design and call an offense that was unstoppable at the college level. Now Coach O is back to being Coach O again.

That LSU team doesn’t win it all without Joe Brady last year, he is a massive loss for that program. Will also venture that we don’t see that kind of defense we witnessed yesterday with Aranda still at DC.

Like you said now it’s back to Coach O again.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
He'd bitch about the defense and the points given up.

I guess it would depend on the type of defense being played and players recruited.
If it looked like that was going to be the status quo for the future, of course. I’d hope every fan would.

That LSU team doesn’t win it all without Joe Brady last year, he is a massive loss for that program. Will also venture that we don’t see that kind of defense we witnessed yesterday with Aranda still at DC.

Like you said now it’s back to Coach O again.
What Brady was able to do in just one season there was incredible. He knew he had veteran talented skill guys and that with that Saints offense he put in they would be virtually unstoppable against college defenses.

As I’ve said, Joe Burrow should give half his paycheck every week to Joe Brady. He was just another middling college QB until Brady came to town.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Not really.
You’re looking at a lot of the transfers whose rating today would not be a 4*, but the team talent calculator doesn’t adjust that.

It would be like saying, “Look, Pitt has a 5* QB on the roster” in reference to Browne a few years ago. He wasn’t really a 5* by the time he got to Pitt.

Because that only happens at Miss St.....🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT