ADVERTISEMENT

A Couple Questions and Observations

Aug 2, 2019
All those replays with extended review time, but how was the late sack of Daniels not reviewed for his knee being down at the 35, instead of the 28? A full tv timeout ensued right after that.

Was AJ Woods injured early, or just pulled due to his play or maybe matchup issues against the large WVU receivers? It seems Battle got the most snaps.

If this program is going to keep moving forward (annually in the top 20, contention for ACC title), home game day atmosphere might be the key for that next step. Although it has worked well, there is a reason Pitt has emphasized the summer visits. Getting the top recruits now requires big time NIL and usually great home game atmosphere. The fan/student base gets a bad rap due to the off campus stadium and smaller enrollment than the Ohio State's of college football. But, it was tremendous Thursday. I am hoping we are surprised by the Panther Pitt/fan turnout against the Vols. I wonder if last year's success and the WVU game has made Pitt football an "event." With the reduced Steeler, Penguin success the town is hungry for big game wins.

If Means catches that long pass, the debut of Slovis looks significantly better.

Narduzzi is that uncle that everyone loves, but with him comes the occasional overlooking of some things he says or does. But, he has been an excellent hire for the program. There might have been a "home run" program hire in December 2014 that had quicker results, but they likely would not be still here. A few in the Pittsburgh media (Stan Savran for one) seem to focus on those crazy uncle moments rather than the quality program and student athletes produced.

Maybe Addison saw the evolution of the offense to what we saw on Saturday and wondered about his numbers? Money was obviously the key, but the number of plays run alone by this offense compared to last year was drastically different. The number of lineman and tight ends on many first and second downs had me wondering about the pass game viability.

The crazy uncle moments wake up the fan base. Perhaps it draws us closer to the team because ”we” have to defend the school more. But I love when Duzz defends Pitt. Eff Stan Savran and his historic Penn State ties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT