ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update A grad transfer TE to keep an eye on

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
While working to track down the new commit, I reached out to Penn tight end Chris Mottillo. He's available as a grad transfer with two years to play, and while he wasn't today's commitment, he did visit Pitt earlier this week.

"I have been talking to Coach (Tim) Salem pretty regularly," he told me. "I unofficially visited the facility on Tuesday and had a sit down meeting with Coach Salem and Coach (Pat) Narduzzi."

Mottillo is taking an official visit to USF this weekend, but Pitt wants to get him back on campus for an official visit in the near future.

"The visit went well," he said. "I was impressed with the staff and facilities and had very good conversations with Coach Narduzzi and Coach Salem. They said they wanted to have me in before my weekend visit which I appreciated."

The Pitt coaches discussed next weekend for an official visit with Mottillo, so we'll keep an eye on that.

A graduate of Mercyhurst Prep, Mottillo went to Penn in the class of 2018. He didn't produce much - 6 catches for 58 yards in about 18 games - but he's listed at 6'6" and 245 pounds, and Pitt could certainly use some veteran help at tight end. Perhaps Mottillo could be an in-line blocker to allow Gavin Bartholomew to work in different areas of the field. I think there's some potential here, and he's got two years to play, so there's value in that, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News