ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update A new (kind of) QB target

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
We have all seen that the Trever Jackson situation seems to be moving further away from a Pitt commitment rather than toward it, which is inevitably leading to the question of whether the Pitt staff will dig deeper for a QB target or possibly decline to take a QB in the 2024 class altogether.

One name to keep an eye on is Penn Hills quarterback Julian Dugger. Pitt offered him last spring as an athlete; he understood that they would consider him as a quarterback with the possibility of playing a different position. The contact fell off, though, since that offer, but it's picking back up now after Dugger had a really good day at Pitt's passing camp yesterday. Penn Hills was one of the best teams in the seven-on-seven tournament, and from everything I've heard from multiple sources, Dugger was really on-point.

In fact, he impressed Pitt offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti enough that Cignetti took Dugger to his office yesterday to watch film and talk football. The staff followed that by reaching out to Dugger last night and Pat Narduzzi texted him this morning - all of which was a considerable uptick in communication over what had taken place for basically the last year.

Now, will the Pitt coaches push for Dugger to commit? I'm not sure. They aren't quite doing that yet, but they have definitely ramped up the interest level, and I think if they gave Dugger the go-ahead, he would probably commit. This will be a situation to keep an eye on, and I'll have an article on Dugger shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News