ADVERTISEMENT

A special shout out to Jahsear Whittington

We don't talk about him much, but Zach Crothers could surprise. He was very productive in his senior season:

"Highly productive edge defender for perennial Florida power Chaminade-Madonna Prep, collecting more than 45 tackles for loss over his final two varsity seasons…compiled 53 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks and an interception (returned 25 yards for a touchdown) as a senior…spearheaded a defense that recorded six shutouts"

We don't talk about him much, but Zach Crothers could surprise. He was very productive in his senior season:

"Highly productive edge defender for perennial Florida power Chaminade-Madonna Prep, collecting more than 45 tackles for loss over his final two varsity seasons…compiled 53 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks and an interception (returned 25 yards for a touchdown) as a senior…spearheaded a defense that recorded six shutouts"
He performed against high level competition which makes you feel good.

When you watch Crothers highlights, look at the first step on #90 playing DT/NT. He's the guy I noticed immediately. Unrated, lightly recruited 2025 guy.

He performed against high level competition which makes you feel good.
Yep, his team was loaded with D1 players but they played a National Schedule and some big name FL schools such as American Heritage and Miami Central who produce tons of D1 players year after year. Out of state they played St Francis of Baltimore and Bergen Catholic of NJ both loaded with D1 guys. In the Bergen game he went against Georgia OT commit Nyier Daniels and got the better of him.

Edwards and Him are a nice DE combo for the future. Edwards will at least start off at DE unless he out grows the position.

I watched the Imhotep game and didnt know who he was. He looked like "a dude.: Knowing they had guys going to PSU and UGa, I was thinking it would be nice if we can get guys like that. Then they say he was going to Pitt. So I figured he would decommit. Great to see we signed him. I am not a DL coach but the guy seems like he can be elite.

Hopefully he does well and it opens some doors in Philly.

It's weird, there is a ton of Philly kids in the general student population. When the Eagles won the super bowl, the celebrations were huge. Not sure why it doesn't translate into the football/basketball side of things. Philly football seems all over the board. Deandre Swift went to Georgia, many others. PSU does a little better, but they don't lock it down either.

Love Whittington. He looked super quick and strong in the state title game. I'm really glad he stayed with us and I throw out some credit to coach Partridge. Kids know they will develop and be ready for the NFL under his tutelage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT