ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers . . .

Yeah, I think they're doing what we basically did at the end of our Super Bowl window (and kind of what Buffalo is going through now). You can only kick the can down the road so far.

Although I think salary cap expectations are that it's going to go up a good bit pretty soon again (I'm too lazy to actually Google that, so I offer no validity whatsoever to that statement other than thinking I remember having heard someone say that). For that reason, it's might not be a bad idea to lock some guys up. A 25% cap increase from 2022 - 2024 was huge and a similar one could kind of bail a team out with that strategy. Lock tomorrow's guys up at today's rates and whatnot.
Part of it is roster management but the biggest part of it is drafting well and finding a couple UFA's that can play. Talent evaluation is so important and when you keep crapping the bed every year, you don't have cap problems but you also aren't winning.

"If you're telling me Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson surpasses Patrick Mahomes' contract, I get it"...As Mahomes is the best, I don't, explain?
They're MVP-caliber talents. I get it. You don't pay a guy 10 spots below them top money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT