ADVERTISEMENT

ACC future scheduling

Good. Not all schools will have a protected rival and they shouldn't. These should be the only ones:

FSU/Miami
UVa/VT
Stan/Cal
Stan/SMU (by default)
Cal/SMU (by default)
UNC/NC St
UNC/UVa (oldest rivalry in the south)

Pitt/Syr does not need protected.

Good. Not all schools will have a protected rival and they shouldn't. These should be the only ones:

FSU/Miami
UVa/VT
Stan/Cal
Stan/SMU (by default)
Cal/SMU (by default)
UNC/NC St

Pitt-Cuse has never done much for me. But I like the possibility that we’ll continue to play BC/VT/CUSE ever year just for some Big East nostalgia.

The only rivalries that need to be protected are:

Pitt vs Syracuse
Pitt vs Boston College
Pitt vs Virginia
Pitt vs Georgia Tech
Pitt vs Duke
Pitt vs Wake
Pitt vs Cal
Pitt vs Stanford
Pitt vs SMU

After that, throw 'em all into a hat for all I care.

FSU/Miami
UVa/VT
Stan/Cal
Stan/SMU (by default)
Cal/SMU (by default)
UNC/NC St

I’ll admit Syracuse isn’t the most exciting opponent but we’ve played them for 68 straight years. Makes sense to keep them as a yearly opponent.

Selfishly I hope Louisville replaces Syracuse as Louisville bourbon beats dinosaur every day of the year

The only rivalries that need to be protected are:

Pitt vs Syracuse
Pitt vs Boston College
Pitt vs Virginia
Pitt vs Georgia Tech
Pitt vs Duke
Pitt vs Wake
Pitt vs Cal
Pitt vs Stanford
Pitt vs SMU

After that, throw 'em all into a hat for all I care.

Yea. I have said before the ACC should break into a Football Division and an Academic Division

Academic Division
Pitt
BC
Cal
Stan
UVa
GT
Wake
Duke
Syr

Football Division
Lou
Clem
VT
UNC
SMU
FSU
NC St
Miami

Last edited:

FSU/Miami
UVa/VT
Stan/Cal
Stan/SMU (by default)
Cal/SMU (by default)
UNC/NC St

I will bite, SMU vs anyone should be protected? Explain why I should care about either of those games.

SMU is the closest school to Cal & Stanford so it makes senses for them to play those 2 more often

I would take Louisville, it's restaurants, breweries, bars, nightlife 1000000 times over Syracuse NY
We were talking bourbon vs Dinosaur. Not Syracuse Chamber of Commerce or Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce vs Louisville Chamber of Commerce.

Selfishly I hope Louisville replaces Syracuse as Louisville bourbon beats dinosaur every day of the year

Went there last year, and wasn’t impressed. I don’t need to ever go back to Louisville

Yea. I have said before the ACC should break into a Football Division and an Academic Division

Academic Division
Pitt
BC
Cal
Stan
UVa
GT
Wake
Duke
Syr

Football Division
Lou
Clem
VT
UNC
SMU
Clem
FSU
NC St
Miami
Academic Division for the teams that refuse to really try to win and in fact are embarrassed to be good at football :)

Okay but that means nothing to me nor do I care to watch

If that's what they need to do to make the schedule work, so what?

I mean would you be more interested if instead of SMU playing Stanford and Boston College playing Georgia Tech that SMU played Georgia Tech and Boston College played Stanford?

If that's what they need to do to make the schedule work, so what?

I mean would you be more interested if instead of SMU playing Stanford and Boston College playing Georgia Tech that SMU played Georgia Tech and Boston College played Stanford?
No sir, I just have no interest in watching them at all

If you read the link in the first post of the thread, basically because that is what will make the schedule work the way that they want it to work.

Right because part of the "deal" was that the ACC teams only want a Cali trip 3 times in a 7 year period. So this means SMU has to play Cal and Stanford every year

FSU/Miami
UVa/VT
Stan/Cal
Stan/SMU (by default)
Cal/SMU (by default)
UNC/NC St

It does. Pitt/Syr is old BE and a win most years. Keep it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT