ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Regular Season Championship: Pitt/Miami

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
If I’m reading this correctly, the winner of the Pitt-Miami game this Saturday will not only clinch a share of the ACC regular season championship, but also the #1 seed in the tournament.

All is not lost. Don’t lose hope yet. Learn and move on. Everything this team wants is still in front of them!!

If I’m reading this correctly, the winner of the Pitt-Miami game this Saturday will not only clinch a share of the ACC regular season championship, but also the #1 seed in the tournament.

All is not lost. Don’t lose hope yet. Learn and move on. Everything this team wants is still in front of them!!

Winner shares the ACC Regular Season Championship with UVa and gets the 1 seed, yes. If Pitt loses, they get the 4 if UNC beats Duke and 5 if Duke beats UNC.

So if we lose, we're playing Duke one way or the other. If we win, we play either Wake, Syr, or BC. Pretty big difference there.

Winner shares the ACC Regular Season Championship with UVa and gets the 1 seed, yes. If Pitt loses, they get the 4 if UNC beats Duke and 5 if Duke beats UNC.

So if we lose, we're playing Duke one way or the other. If we win, we play either Wake, Syr, or BC. Pretty big difference there.

Reminds me of '09. Lose at WVU then lose a de facto Big East Championship to Cincinnati to go from winning a conference championship to finishing a very forgettable third. If we finish 4th or 5th, the perception of this season just changes so much so fast (even though it's still a good season).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT