ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Softball Championship on ESPN at Noon...

I wonder if we'll change pitchers here. They've only got one run but they are getting people on base every inning against Harris.

When they got the force at third for the 2nd out.....up 4-2 with runners in 1st and second

It seems the only way they lose is a homerun. Anything else they likely get an out before the 4rth run scores

Reactions: LVNVPanther
Curious.... for those who watched on tv.... was the strike zone tighter when pitt was pitching? Quite a few angry pitt fans behing home plate because of the seemingly different strike zones between both teams. That last inning there should of been two strikeouts but they were called balls.... i was sitting at an angle behind home plate but it sure looked like a lot of favorable calls for fsu.

Curious.... for those who watched on tv.... was the strike zone tighter when pitt was pitching? Quite a few angry pitt fans behing home plate because of the seemingly different strike zones between both teams. That last inning there should of been two strikeouts but they were called balls.... i was sitting at an angle behind home plate but it sure looked like a lot of favorable calls for fsu.
I thought so.

Went into the hospital Wednesday for an angiogram. Ended up having a double bypass on Thursday. This was the worst news since then. Of course, considering the alternative.....

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn

I thought the strike zone was pretty consistent. They were not giving that pitch on the inside corner to right handers / outside corner to left handers to anyone. Those pitches that the fans in attendance were complaining about were borderline pitches that could have been called strikes, but for the most part those pitches were called balls all game long.

I thought the guy today behind the plate was better than the guy on Friday, and much better than the guy on Thursday who was inconsistent all game long.

Yes, it was. That's the special ACC treatment of a perennial winner vs and up and comer!

I thought the strike zone was pretty consistent. They were not giving that pitch on the inside corner to right handers / outside corner to left handers to anyone. Those pitches that the fans in attendance were complaining about were borderline pitches that could have been called strikes, but for the most part those pitches were called balls all game long.

I thought the guy today behind the plate was better than the guy on Friday, and much better than the guy on Thursday who was inconsistent all game long.
The one thing that everyone needs to realize is that the camera isn't looking at the plate from a straight on view. It definitely makes some pitches look like strikes that aren't and vice versa.

The one thing that everyone needs to realize is that the camera isn't looking at the plate from a straight on view. It definitely makes some pitches look like strikes that aren't and vice versa.

The handy guide would be that if a right handed batter is up inside pitches look better on television than what they are and outside pitches look worse. And vise versa for lefties. That's part of the reason that I don't think those few calls in the 7th were egregious. They were thrown in the area that television makes them look better than what they are, and they looked borderline in the first place. It also seemed like the camera angle there at Georgia Tech was a little further towards left center than normal, which would exaggerate the effect even a little more.

It's a world of difference watching pitches from a camera like that versus the similar camera at PNC, which basically looks right over the pitcher's right shoulder. You get a really good look at inside/outside from that point of view, and not nearly as good a look when the camera is where it was this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT