ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tourney Results

First round From Twitter. Semifinals I watched.

125: Bentley won by major decision. Bentley lost his next match to the #1 seed. In what unfortunately has become a Pitt tradition, he was leading 1-0 after two periods and lost.

133: Forys had a bye. Forys was dominated by the #4 seed in his semifinal match. Twice he gave up takedowns after he couldn’t complete a takedown. He gave up a quick takedown, and in another Pitt tradition, was hopeless on the bottom, getting ridden for almost 4 minutes to lose 6-0.

141: Zanetta won By TF. He was dominated in the s mid by Kevin Jack, who was too long for him.

149: Lee lost 4-1.

157: Rahmani won. He lost in OT to #2 national Hidley. Rahmani took a shot in the OT, couldn’t finish, and Hidley’s Counter got the takedown.

165: Wentzel won by pin. Wentzel then totally outclassed by undefeated VT wrestler in semis. When the VT wrestler wanted to ride him, he did. But he let him go 4 times and then immediately took him down again. You would have thought Wentzel would have caught on. He didn’t.

174: O’Brien lost in OT.

184: Harvey won. It was 1-1 early in third period. He won 9-5. In the semis, he lost 15-3. In Pitt tradition, he got ridden for about 4 minutes. When he scored his takedown, he rode the VT wrestler for 3 seconds.

197: Stout lost to Duke wrestler he beat in duals.

Hwt: Solomon won by major decision. In the s mis, the bout went 14 seconds before Solomon banged the back of his head against the basketball court. He now is in concussion protocol.

Subject to what happens with Solomon, Pitt has ZERO finalists. Every other ACC school has at least two finalists.

Everyone of the Pitt semifinal matches involved a 4 seed vs a 1 seed. Unfortunately, in the one match where we were a 1 seed, Forys didn’t come to wrestle.

You should write for the PG. When they win, it just blah, they won. When they lose, its, they were outclassed, dominated, and a Pitt tradition of losing.

Holy $hit.

I agree with Italianpittbull. I think Pitt has a good future. This is the most positive I have been about Pitt wrestling in a long time. Let's go Pitt!
By the way how many of you guys will be in Cleveland? Nish67: will you be coming?
I will be there
If you know anyone let
Them know I still have a suite ticket available for 213

Just found out that my Dad is going now. My uncle got them floor seats or something through some MAC connection. Told him I want a full report!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT