ADVERTISEMENT

ACCNX For Volleyball

chrisran24

Redshirt
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2019
Does anyone know how to get ACCNX if you don't have some ridiculously expensive outdated cable package? Its still absurd that the top 10 matchup GT/Louisville tonight is only on ACCNX, in addition to the Pitt/FSU game. I have ESPN+ but it doesn't consistently include ACCNX games, some of the time I get access through it and some of the time I don't. Appreciate any recommendations

Does anyone know how to get ACCNX if you don't have some ridiculously expensive outdated cable package? Its still absurd that the top 10 matchup GT/Louisville tonight is only on ACCNX, in addition to the Pitt/FSU game. I have ESPN+ but it doesn't consistently include ACCNX games, some of the time I get access through it and some of the time I don't. Appreciate any recommendations

ACCNX just means its on the ESPN app. As long as your cable or streaming provider has ACCN, you have access to ACCNX content.

All ACC volleyball matches today are on ESPN Plus. Pitt and FSU starts at 6:30 pm and GT v Louisville starts at 7 pm.

Are they doing all Olympic sport coverage on ESPN+? So if you dont have ACCN, you can still get ACCNX games (but not ACCN games) on ESPN+ if you subscribe to that?

Are they doing all Olympic sport coverage on ESPN+? So if you dont have ACCN, you can still get ACCNX games (but not ACCN games) on ESPN+ if you subscribe to that?
I didn’t think so, but I could be wrong. I thought only certain ones are on ESPN+

Why is it absurd that the game is on a streaming channel that tens of millions of people get for free rather than a streaming channel that half as many people have to pay extra money every month to get?

Why is it absurd that the game is on a streaming channel that tens of millions of people get for free rather than a streaming channel that half as many people have to pay extra money every month to get?
I thought you had to have a specific cable package that includes ACCNX, not all with ACCN include it. I’ve had issues getting games when i try to use my in-laws cable login to access (don’t have cable myself). Guess I’m wrong on that front. Still don’t see why it wouldn’t be on ESPN+ also for every game.

I thought you had to have a specific cable package that includes ACCNX, not all with ACCN include it.

Everyone who has access to the ACC Network should have access to the ACCNX.

Oddly enough, I have issues when I try to watch on my home computer through Firefox, but I have no problems when using Edge. Some sort of Microsoft conspiracy, I'm sure.

Reactions: Chaos
Everyone who has access to the ACC Network should have access to the ACCNX.

Oddly enough, I have issues when I try to watch on my home computer through Firefox, but I have no problems when using Edge. Some sort of Microsoft conspiracy, I'm sure.

Not should. Does. If you have access to ACC Network, you have access to ACCNX content.

Not should. Does. If you have access to ACC Network, you have access to ACCNX content.
This is actually not true. Maybe it should be. But I have ACC Network through FIOS and ESPN+, yet every time I try to watch an ACCNX game on the ESPN+ app and log-in with my Verizon account info, it tells me that I don't have access.

Reactions: jctrack
This is actually not true. Maybe it should be. But I have ACC Network through FIOS and ESPN+, yet every time I try to watch an ACCNX game on the ESPN+ app and log-in with my Verizon account info, it tells me that I don't have access.
I get wierd things like that too from time to time. I get ACCN through Directv and it seems I have had luck logging out of the ESPN App on my TV then relogging in with my Directv userid and password. The app holds two logins, one for my directv and one for my espn+ account. I think it gets confused sometimes.

Reactions: jctrack

You are doing it wrong. I, too, have Fios. You cannot watch the game through "ESPN+," if you don't subscribe to ESPN+. But you have ACCN, so you don't have to subscribe to ESPN+ to watch ACCNX content. It is free on the ESPN app with your Fios login. I am assuming Fios is your "cable" provider, correct?

You are doing it wrong. I, too, have Fios. You cannot watch the game through "ESPN+," if you don't subscribe to ESPN+. But you have ACCN, so you don't have to subscribe to ESPN+ to watch ACCNX content. It is free on the ESPN app with your Fios login. I am assuming Fios is your "cable" provider, correct?
Thanks. Will give that a shot.

Thanks. Will give that a shot.

If you are on a computer, go to the ESPN web site. On the bar at the top below the score line on the right hand side there is a drop down called "Watch". Under "Watch" is a link for "Schedule & Replays". Click that and you go to the list of that day's available games. There are buttons for "Live Now", "Upcoming" and "Replay".

Using tonight's women's basketball game as an example, go to the section for basketball and then NCAA women's basketball and on the that list there is a link to "Yale vs Pittsburgh". Click on that and it should take you to where you can log in with your provider information and the game should play.

If you are on a computer, go to the ESPN web site. On the bar at the top below the score line on the right hand side there is a drop down called "Watch". Under "Watch" is a link for "Schedule & Replays". Click that and you go to the list of that day's available games. There are buttons for "Live Now", "Upcoming" and "Replay".

Using tonight's women's basketball game as an example, go to the section for basketball and then NCAA women's basketball and on the that list there is a link to "Yale vs Pittsburgh". Click on that and it should take you to where you can log in with your provider information and the game should play.

Since it always annoyingly makes me verify myself, it asks if I want to want to watch it on ACCNX or ESPN+ when I select the game. Some people who dont have ESPN+ and are not savvy enough to really know the difference between ACCN, ACCNX, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN+, etc, may just select ESPN+ and get denied since they dont have ESPN+. They need to click the ACCNX option. Its pretty confusing for some people. I avoid these games because its not worth it to me always have to try to figure out what my username and password. ESPN has tighter security than my brokerage account. You cant have people watching UC Irvine vs Cal State Fullerton soccer unless you are sure they are legit.

Reactions: latz66
Since it always annoyingly makes me verify myself, it asks if I want to want to watch it on ACCNX or ESPN+ when I select the game. Some people who dont have ESPN+ and are not savvy enough to really know the difference between ACCN, ACCNX, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN+, etc, may just select ESPN+ and get denied since they dont have ESPN+. They need to click the ACCNX option. Its pretty confusing for some people. I avoid these games because its not worth it to me always have to try to figure out what my username and password. ESPN has tighter security than my brokerage account. You cant have people watching UC Irvine vs Cal State Fullerton soccer unless you are sure they are legit.

If you do what I said and click on the link for the game it knows what "channel" the game is on. In fact it tells you that right in the list.

Every couple of months I have to log in again to verify my identity, but I'm not sure why that would be a big deal.

If you do what I said and click on the link for the game it knows what "channel" the game is on. In fact it tells you that right in the list.

Every couple of months I have to log in again to verify my identity, but I'm not sure why that would be a big deal.

I just watch it on the app on Roku. It seems to make me log-in every week or 2. Its really annoying. I'll do it for Pitt but for anything else, eff that.

I also have FiOS and I can never access accnx through the ESPN app. I log in with my FiOS credentials and I get a message telling me that I'm not subscribed. I've spent hours on the phone with them and even posted messages on their community forum recently. No help and contradictory answers. It's beyond frustrating. If anyone has suggestions I'd be greatful and happy to try.

I also have FiOS and I can never access accnx through the ESPN app. I log in with my FiOS credentials and I get a message telling me that I'm not subscribed. I've spent hours on the phone with them and even posted messages on their community forum recently. No help and contradictory answers. It's beyond frustrating. If anyone has suggestions I'd be greatful and happy to try.

Do you have Fios TV or just Fios Internet?

Not sure if this is your post but this person is doing what I said not to do above. People need to get ESPN+ out of their heads. You dont have ESPN+ unless you are paying extra for it. ESPN+ may as well be Netflix. It confuses the hell out of everyone. And if you are a Pitt fan AND you have ACC Network, its a complete waste of money to have ESPN+ unless you like some of the ultra-niche content they show.

You absolutely get ACCNx if you have the ACCn. That said , when watching through ESPN app on my TV , I’ve had weird issues where it makes me log out and log back in to watch . It’s super irritating. I have no issues on my phone .

What is the exact error message?
The exact message is "This channel is not part of your TV package"

Their latest reply was:
Thanks for reaching out the ACC Network through Verizon FIOS TV does not include any streaming options through the ESPN app. You are able to use the FIOS TV app if you would like the option to stream the channel.

The exact message is "This channel is not part of your TV package"

Their latest reply was:
Thanks for reaching out the ACC Network through Verizon FIOS TV does not include any streaming options through the ESPN app. You are able to use the FIOS TV app if you would like the option to stream the channel.

Can you watch ACCN (not ACCNX) or regular ESPN, ESPN2 content on the ESPN app? What does it say if not?

Can you watch ACCN (not ACCNX) or regular ESPN, ESPN2 content on the ESPN app? What does it say if not?
I can watch regular ESPN, 2, U, News etc... content after signing into the app with my fios credentials. I cannot watch ACCN, ACCNX, and for the heck of it I tried the Longhorn Network, no luck. They are all part of my TV package but the app says ""This channel is not part of your TV package"

I can watch regular ESPN, 2, U, News etc... content after signing into the app with my fios credentials. I cannot watch ACCN, ACCNX, and for the heck of it I tried the Longhorn Network, no luck. They are all part of my TV package but the app says ""This channel is not part of your TV package"

I am stumped. The only thing I can think of is that the ESPN/Fios contract hasnt come up since ACCN started. So, they reached a one-off deal to add ACCN but as part of the deal, and to save Fios money, ESPN didn't include streaming access for ACCN. That sounds pretty bizarre but nothing really makes sense here. Could be like Fios saying "This is our final offer." And ESPN countering by saying "For that price, we'll let you add the channel but we aren't giving you streaming rights. If you don't want to lose customers when they realize they cant stream, you have to pay X."

Keep Fios Internet and drop Fios TV. I actually have my YouTube TV through Fios. Just call them and tell them to cancel Fios TV and give you YouTube TV. And you'll save money. I just looked and I my Fios bill is $157.36 for internet and YTTV

Th
I am stumped. The only thing I can think of is that the ESPN/Fios contract hasnt come up since ACCN started. So, they reached a one-off deal to add ACCN but as part of the deal, and to save Fios money, ESPN didn't include streaming access for ACCN. That sounds pretty bizarre but nothing really makes sense here. Could be like Fios saying "This is our final offer." And ESPN countering by saying "For that price, we'll let you add the channel but we aren't giving you streaming rights. If you don't want to lose customers when they realize they cant stream, you have to pay X."

Keep Fios Internet and drop Fios TV. I actually have my YouTube TV through Fios. Just call them and tell them to cancel Fios TV and give you YouTube TV. And you'll save money. I just looked and I my Fios bill is $157.36 for internet and YTTV
Thanks for your replies. I'm also stumped and so is fios! It seems like a rare issue but one that does have documentation of others experiencing it. I've been thinking of switching to youtube tv, if they were to start carrying Sportsnet Pittsburgh I'd do it in a second.

Th

Thanks for your replies. I'm also stumped and so is fios! It seems like a rare issue but one that does have documentation of others experiencing it. I've been thinking of switching to youtube tv, if they were to start carrying Sportsnet Pittsburgh I'd do it in a second.

I kinda doubt its an "issue" or error. Would be interested to hear if any other Fios TV folks are experiencing the same thing. It really just sounds like an odd ESPN/Fios contract and no customer service person at Fios or ESPN are going to have access to such obscure contract details like that.

Doing some googling, the ESPN/Fios contract was renewed December 31, 2018. ACCN launched 8 months later. My guess is ACCN was not included in that contract and Fios and ESPN have a one-off deal for ACCN that doesn't include streaming access. The next time the contract is up, it will include streaming because ESPN wraps them all together now.

As for the "new" SportsNet Pittsburgh, its not going to include Pirates games next year since Fenway bought it and they aren't going to allow a non-Fenway owned baseball team to play on their network. Not sure if you need it for the Pens or Pirates

As for the "new" SportsNet Pittsburgh, its not going to include Pirates games next year since Fenway bought it and they aren't going to allow a non-Fenway owned baseball team to play on their network.

The Nationals games are on the channel owned by the Orioles.

If Fenway thinks they can make money with the Pirates on their channel they will absolutely allow it. The bigger question is if the Pirates think they can make more money doing something else. If the Pirates think they can make the most money on SportsNet Pittsburgh and Fenway also thinks they can make money on the deal then you can be absolutely guaranteed that the Pirates will be on SportsNet Pittsburgh.

The Nationals games are on the channel owned by the Orioles.

If Fenway thinks they can make money with the Pirates on their channel they will absolutely allow it. The bigger question is if the Pirates think they can make more money doing something else. If the Pirates think they can make the most money on SportsNet Pittsburgh and Fenway also thinks they can make money on the deal then you can be absolutely guaranteed that the Pirates will be on SportsNet Pittsburgh.

I read Fenway doesnt want them and the Pirates will sell their rights to MLB like a few other teams have done. I dont know if that's true.

I read Fenway doesnt want them and the Pirates will sell their rights to MLB like a few other teams have done. I dont know if that's true.

Fenway has certainly said no such thing, and Fenway has had at least some level of discussions with the Pirates on what a deal would look like.

It actually works out perfect for Fenway, because if they don't get those Pirate games what is going to be anyone's incentive to pay for the station from April through September?

The problem with the Pirates selling their rights to MLB is that they would only be guaranteed 80% of last year's money. And that only lasts for one year. After that, they are on their own. If Fenway offers them, for example, 80% of what they were getting but they agree to pay them that for a longer period they will absolutely take that.

Fenway has certainly said no such thing, and Fenway has had at least some level of discussions with the Pirates on what a deal would look like.

It actually works out perfect for Fenway, because if they don't get those Pirate games what is going to be anyone's incentive to pay for the station from April through September?

The problem with the Pirates selling their rights to MLB is that they would only be guaranteed 80% of last year's money. And that only lasts for one year. After that, they are on their own. If Fenway offers them, for example, 80% of what they were getting but they agree to pay them that for a longer period they will absolutely take that.

The Pirates should sell the rights to 22 The Point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT