ADVERTISEMENT

Acquiring Game Ticket

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
I planned on coming in for the Penn State game. Should I not find the two tickets I need does anyone have a ballpark estimate on what the going rate from the wonderful street merchants might be for an upper deck seat?

I planned on coming in for the Penn State game. Should I not find the two tickets I need does anyone have a ballpark estimate on what the going rate from the wonderful street merchants might be for an upper deck seat?
How many tickets do you need?
Never mind, I see that you need 2. I may have 1 for sale on the lower level.

thanks but I like dealing on the personal level. Always had a certain kinship to the guy with no legs crew... But it has been a while. I am noted in my gang as the only guy that got so drunk that he talked 'up' the price of a ticket from a guy who emulates Native American warrior combat completion (don't think I am allowed to use that other word anymore)....

I'm hoping for no more than $75 a pop.

thanks but I like dealing on the personal level. Always had a certain kinship to the guy with no legs crew... But it has been a while. I am noted in my gang as the only guy that got so drunk that he talked 'up' the price of a ticket from a guy who emulates Native American warrior combat completion (don't think I am allowed to use that other word anymore)....

If you are willing to hold out until a few minutes before kickoff ticket prices will drop.

$75 a pop? You are most likely going to pay more than that unless you are willing to wait until after kick off.

My season ticket holder group got extra from the ticket office and I think they were $125 a ticket.

don't scalp tickets, don't give those scumbag POS one dollar. despise that filth. go thru proper channels, I implore you to not help keep that dying industry alive one day longer than need be..

$75 a pop? You are most likely going to pay more than that unless you are willing to wait until after kick off.

My season ticket holder group got extra from the ticket office and I think they were $125 a ticket.

Yep. When people are paying $125.00 each face value, it's hard to imagine there are too many that are going to sell them for $75.00.

Yep. When people are paying $125.00 each face value, it's hard to imagine there are too many that are going to sell them for $75.00.
you are probably right...but I also know a lot of folks that pay $50 face value for mid season games too when they can be had for $3.. I know an apples to ten ton truck comparison but I do not think the street merchants payed $125 a pop..guessing most of their stock comes from charity organizations and getting great grades rewards......

I'll just eat it and stub hub away or see if the season ticket plan is still out there if close...Considering your run of the mill $140 springhille suites room going for $300 this is turning into a pricey adventure...the only saving grace is that the Branch Joevidians are happy to dump this kind of cash in town...

Reactions: HOF Coach
you are probably right...but I also know a lot of folks that pay $50 face value for mid season games too when they can be had for $3.. I know an apples to ten ton truck comparison but I do not think the street merchants payed $125 a pop..guessing most of their stock comes from charity organizations and getting great grades rewards......

I'll just eat it and stub hub away or see if the season ticket plan is still out there if close...Considering your run of the mill $140 springhille suites room going for $300 this is turning into a pricey adventure...the only saving grace is that the Branch Joevidians are happy to dump this kind of cash in town...
the street merchants didn't pay $125 a pop. you think the homeless heroine addict scalper who is holding a stack of tickets on Tony Dorsett drive really paid for those tickets up front? They cant afford shoes, you think they have the up front cash to buy a few grand worth of tickets to sell back at a profit?

Reactions: PittFanDan17
the street merchants didn't pay $125 a pop. you think the homeless heroine addict scalper who is holding a stack of tickets on Tony Dorsett drive really paid for those tickets up front? They cant afford shoes, you think they have the up front cash to buy a few grand worth of tickets to sell back at a profit?

stack of tickets, stack of Access cards and government check every month to a PO box....

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Paying $125 to see Pitt/PSU? Who ever is doing that needs their head examined.
Supply and Demand. You either need a better paying job or you’re a cheapskate if you think that is a lot of money for a desirable ticket to a sporting event.

Of course not but I always wondered how they got their hands on so many freaking tickets.

The demand will definitely be there for this game. No idea how you would argue otherwise. It was a Heinz Field record crowd last time they played and that included the Steelers attendance numbers.

It will be a sellout, but not near the last game. They just played 2 years in a row now, the fake “rivalry re-newed” hype has worn off.

Of course not but I always wondered how they got their hands on so many freaking tickets.
someone on here explained it before, compared it to the drug trade. basically someone with some money buys em up and gets "runners" to go out and sell them. Kind of makes sense I guess. Who knows how you organize this or get these clowns to not just take off on you and pocket the tickets before they go back to living under the bridge.

for pitt/psu????
An NFL or NHL game sure. I’m not paying that much for Pitt/PSU
you'd pay that for a hockey game, one of 40 per year not including playoffs but not a pitt/psu game? Stupid comment. I love the pens but between going to a pens game and watching it on tv, im choosing the tv over going to ppg arena and sitting next to some corporate seat with his 5 kids.. thanks but no thanks..

for pitt/psu????
My buddy had to miss last Pitt-PSU game at Heinz Field due to an out-of-state business commitment. He was able to sell his 4 Club tickets for $500 each and his Gold Lot parking pass for $175, $2,175 in total.

for pitt/psu????
Well, yeah, because branch campus dummies such as yourself are typically barely above the poverty line. I'd hope you wouldn't waste money on CFB tickets.

Well, yeah, because branch campus dummies such as yourself are typically barely above the poverty line. I'd hope you wouldn't waste money on CFB tickets.

You’re a pretty cool guy. You’re also doing a great job defending the Pitt message board against everybody who doesn’t cheerlead any and all things Pitt. Keep up the good fight.

Are you going to the game? How about the weekend festivities around it?

dude, scalpers (sorry if that offends anyone), second oldest profession on earth..Hell, Joeblowious Maximus was pissed until the day he died by getting screwed over for 120 denarius for the Spartacus/Crixus bout outside the Coliseum in 27 BC. ...relax

Last edited:
Reactions: Swervin27
You probably aren't that big of a Pitt or PSU fan, then. It all depends on what it is worth to you and the rest of the public. That is barely a blip for a big fan with means.

I don’t give a damn about PSU. I only care about Pitt because they represent the city and have a lot of wpial players on it. If less and less wpial kids get offers and come to Pitt, then my interest will drop also. I don’t bleed for Pitt like I do for the Penguins or Steelers. I do however love recruiting.

Not so sure the security of buying physical tickets anymore. You have no way of knowing if the barcode has already been sold electronically, rendering the little strips of cardboard worthless.

I don’t give a damn about PSU. I only care about Pitt because they represent the city and have a lot of wpial players on it. If less and less wpial kids get offers and come to Pitt, then my interest will drop also. I don’t bleed for Pitt like I do for the Penguins or Steelers. I do however love recruiting.
Well, there you go. Many people do care about Pitt (or PSU). In turn, I don't give a flying f**k where Pitt gets their players and wouldn't care, at all, whether they had 0 WPIAL players.

This is coming to America soon so be the first.
Mrs Buffett and I hate comfort dogs, not the legitimate service dogs but dogs that people say they have to have with them 100% of the time or they'll jump off a bridge. We say jump but there's always some liberal crazy Dr who will provide them with a letter certifying that they actually are fing crazy and need the dog.
Well find two people who are willing to bring you to the game as their service human. I'm sure some Dr will provide you with a letter so it's worth a try if you can't find tickets.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

This is coming to America soon so be the first.
Mrs Buffett and I hate comfort dogs, not the legitimate service dogs but dogs that people say they have to have with them 100% of the time or they'll jump off a bridge. We say jump but there's always some liberal crazy Dr who will provide them with a letter certifying that they actually are fing crazy and need the dog.
Well find two people who are willing to bring you to the game as their service human. I'm sure some Dr will provide you with a letter so it's worth a try if you can't find tickets.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Stop

of you could just buy season tickets for less than 1/2 of that.

You wouldn't be able to get season tickets where I am at. The people in this area have been there for a long time. I used to sit in the nice carpeted luxury box but moved down to near 50 yard line on the home side that is high enough to get a view of the whole field

You wouldn't be able to get season tickets where I am at. The people in this area have been there for a long time. I used to sit in the nice carpeted luxury box but moved down to near 50 yard line on the home side that is high enough to get a view of the whole field
my two best seats I've had for pitt was in section 133 I think, about the 35 yard line on pitt side, 1/2 way up. man they were nice. I still think, from a purely fan watching perspective, being in the 500's, front row down by the railing, at the 50, is perfect. sat there once and besides the fact that I had to make sure my two little kids didn't fall over the railing to their deaths, it was a perfect seat. Im just talking to watch the game though.

The visitor side is nice between 40s because you have a view of both Jumbotrons. The problem with that side is the sun beating down on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT