ADVERTISEMENT

After reading through Matt's "No Public Statement" thread

NC Panther

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2002
1st and foremost - Thanks to Matt, Chris and Jim big time.

Secondly, we all have to expect that Capel will be here next year but probably well beyond.

I mean, if Pitt is unwilling to cut him loose at $16 million (and rightfully so), they probably won't fire him after next year either if that unbelievably stupid extension and fully guaranteed contract was accurately reported.

And after next year we'll still owe him fully $12.5 million?

Matt's right as usual - Capel might very well be here longer than Lyke and that's a wow right there.

So what can we do?

All we *Can* do at this point is hope to God that he can make this work via the transport portal.
One or two good players can alter this team's trajectory tremendously - other teams have done it - Wake is just one example.

So, we currently have 2 open scholarships - Ezy and Mo right?
You *have* to believe that Dan, Max, Femi and Will will be gone as well.

6 spots.

Mo is the only loss here - have to believe that he can get better players than the other 5 - have to.

If we can get a really good Point Guard and a Power Forward - just those two players - we will be much improved.
Then we'll have 4 more spots.

I mean yeah, it looks bleak at this point in time but, that transport portal can change things dramatically - at least he can tell recruits that he's going to be at Pitt for a while and by all accounts, he will be.

We might as well just accept that and put this all behind us and support Pitt BB the best that we can is all I know to do right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News