ADVERTISEMENT

Alternative Solution - NIL

pittjas

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2016
Pittsburgh
What I don't understand is why NIL isn't being used to the extent it seems to be in football recruiting across the country?

And why is Capel, who was literally called the bag man, not taking advantage of it?

He seems like the PERFECT NIL coach.

I really don't get it.

Let's pretend we have donors ready to pay the $8.5 M buyout but HL doesn't want to or they are hesitant on spending that much. Or even they have $5 M ready.

Why not take literally $500K-1M and just invest it this offseason into next year's team? You honestly might not even need that much. Get one true impact recruit, such as that kid from Canada. Pay him like $200K (we will have to pay more than the blue bloods would). Then you just have to pay some transfers. They don't require quite as much. Pay 2-3 transfers like $50K each. That puts you at like $500K, less than 10% of next year's buyout.

What am I missing here?

EDIT: I know this sounds SMF like, but... it's legal. And clearly donors are going to put out money if we pay a buyout this year or next. So why not invest a fraction of that and almost guarantee success?

Reactions: efkemanas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News