ADVERTISEMENT

Amadasun

docpanther26

Junior
Aug 12, 2017
Andrew Slater reporting Max Amadasun, 6-10, 230, will officially visit Pitt this weekend. What to infer from this...thoughts?

That's JC keeping all his options open in case he doesn't get that 5 spot player. Just smart to cover all your bases!

is there any chance he commits on the visit?

I don’t see much info on this kid but can’t see how they would take him right now; as someone else stated it may very well be likely we go into the late season with two, and that’s with Hugley signing. Just my opinion...

Rivals did post he committed. I really hope he will be that tall guy that just stands in front of the rim like we hate florida state having. Welcome aboard Max!

Looks like he committed. I'll certainly trust Capel but he has a less-than-stellar offer sheet.
Some good basketball programs offered him,he’s raw and was really under recruited,all Pitt needs him to be is a shot blocker

He averaged 6 points and 6 rebounds on the summer circuit. He has a real good frame, with good athletic ability for a big man. 6-10 245. He is #10 in the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPKY
Just seems obvious Capel would recruit more bodies for front court depth. Kene may never be what he was. Hamilton will be gone. You're left with Brown and Coulibaly. With Amadsun and Hugely Pitt will have a solid base for the future. There's still room yet to take a top talent if the team is that fortunate.

Just seems obvious Capel would recruit more bodies for front court depth. Kene may never be what he was. Hamilton will be gone. You're left with Brown and Coulibaly. With Amadsun and Hugely Pitt will have a solid base for the future. There's still room yet to take a top talent if the team is that fortunate.
Correct! It is always better to have a bird in the hand. You can always find a way to make room if a stud wants to join.

Regardless of who plays where, we need bigs. I don't think there's any chance that Amadasun is a consolation prize for Hugley because they have very different skill sets. The two of them will be a massive upgrade over the likes of Brown and Chukwuka.

Even the best coaches and evaluators occasionally get this stuff wrong...but I’m sure going to trust Capels opinion and if he sees what he likes then I’m all for it!

Reactions: Tonyt66
Correct! It is always better to have a bird in the hand. You can always find a way to make room if a stud wants to join.
His game based just on your video (haha) reminds me of Dante Taylor's. Similar build...not too flashy but looks to have the tools. Here's hoping no back problems that will hamper him.

Yikes. Hopefully Capel knows something that just about every recruiting analyst and coach of a successful D1 basketball program doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: singregardless
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT