ADVERTISEMENT

And here is the worst part of being a Pitt fan.

Mikefln

Junior
Oct 15, 2015
To me the worst part of being a Pitt fan is showing up to work Monday Morning after a stupid loss like this.

After everyone gets their Steelers talk out of the way, it goes to full bash Pitt mode.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
When they know you are a diehard and go to the games and follow the team as hardcore as I do, yes they know just so they can bust chops.

Didn't suggest otherwise. Just said it sucks.

I use to dread the Sunday Morning Newspaper.
Those days are long gone - no paper and I'm use to the losing and disappointment.

The VTech debacle of last week pretty much ended all the Pitt talk in our office. It's all Steelers.

When they know you are a diehard and go to the games and follow the team as hardcore as I do, yes they know just so they can bust chops.

Didn't suggest otherwise. Just said it sucks.
That's your fault. Don't be so hardcore. They really don't deserve it. Just a mere casual following is suffice.

Reactions: Mikefln
That's your fault. Don't be so hardcore. They really don't deserve it. Just a mere casual following is suffice.

The majority on this board are hardcore diehards. If we weren't we would not be on here. I do agree that I need to do a reevaluation, because I see no end of Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown.

Reactions: jctrack
If Pitt wouldn’t get blown out against VT or lose to bad teams like BC then they wouldn’t have to go into bash Pitt mode. What do you expect?

Really? Pitt football is pretty much like a tree in the woods. If it falls, does anyone hear it?

Not with the Pittsburgh media waiting for PITT sports to make one misstep.
They will feast on this for weeks to come. If PITT loses a bowl game to a average team the media frenzy badmouthing PITT football will continue.
There is no woods in Pittsburgh.
point-loma-tree-damage.jpg

The majority on this board are hardcore diehards. If we weren't we would not be on here. I do agree that I need to do a reevaluation, because I see no end of Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown.

sad reality is more than half the posters here don’t attend , don’t donate , and are as far from hardcore are it comes

very few actual diehards .

Im

Not with the Pittsburgh media waiting for PITT sports to make one misstep.
They will feast on this for weeks to come. If PITT loses a bowl game to a average team the media frenzy badmouthing PITT football will continue.
There is no woods in Pittsburgh.
point-loma-tree-damage.jpg
The Pittsburgh media could care less. They are not going to "feast on this for weeks" in fact, there has been nary a word mentioned.

Reactions: PittFamily2
The worst part of being a Pitt fan for me is when several of these nice recruits we have a verbal from start looking around after we finish with no momentum, yet again. I really believe this bowl game is super important.

lol, ain't this the truth.
I have season tickets , donate , and attend Most games -
And I wouldn’t consider myself a diehard .

having Pitt sports - or any sports - affect my
Day or mood - those days are way over for me.

I’m not changing my plans to watch or attend games.

I spent 14 years traveling for Pitt home games - so I’m likewise done travelling now that I’m local

so I’ll own up to my own lack of diehard status

for me,

its the miserable optics of a half (2/3) empty stadium.

I also think its the no 1 killer of this football program.

Reactions: PittFamily2
The Pittsburgh media could care less. They are not going to "feast on this for weeks" in fact, there has been nary a word mentioned.

Yea, I wished there was more media outrage and I took more ribbing from friends and coworkers. Pitt has almost become like the Pirates and even the Riverhounds. Nobody really knows when they play, if they win, or if they lose.

I would say anyone with season tickets, who donates, who buys official PITT merchandise, who attends most of the games is a "diehard+" and in the PITT dictionary under F for Fan.

If you do all of the above and drive in for the game and return home that night you're a "diehard" ++,.

If you do all of the above, drive in from long distance, get a hotel, eat and drink locally fueling the local economy you're a "diehard "+++

Most on here don't do any of those things but post thousands of posts each year critical of PITT.
Those people are "losers" in the PITT dictionary under L for Loser.
They should go to G in the PITT dictionary for Go, and A in the same dictionary for Away and put those two words together Go Away combined with Loser!

Last edited:
Now that I'm in my 60s I don't care about sports as much as I used to, so Pitt is a good fit for me. I don't get upset.

The last Steeler games I attended were the 2009 AFC Championship and Super Bowl. Two of the best games I've ever seen, but emotionally draining. Don't need it anymore.

I've seen Pitt football win a national championship, along with the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, even the Pipers in the ABA. That's why I now root for Pitt hoops more than anything, just want to see them get to a Final Four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT