ADVERTISEMENT

Another 3-8 season gets PN on “Special Projects”

303vND

Sophomore
Nov 18, 2017
If Narduzzi has another 3-8 season, he goes to “special projects”. Any one who understands organizational structure - when an executive goes to “special projects”, he or she is pretty much on the way out.

Special projects for Narduzzi would be figure head only - he wouldn’t be allowed to make any decisions on anything related to the team - players, coaches, gameplans, recruits…nothing.

Put him in a corner and make him resign - hire two good coordinators and let them interview for the head coach in waiting. If Narduzzi wants to stick around - make him persona non grata. Force him accept a reasonable settlement number and resign.

If Narduzzi has another 3-8 season, he goes to “special projects”. Any one who understands organizational structure - when an executive goes to “special projects”, he or she is pretty much on the way out.

Special projects for Narduzzi would be figure head only - he wouldn’t be allowed to make any decisions on anything related to the team - players, coaches, gameplans, recruits…nothing.

Put him in a corner and make him resign - hire two good coordinators and let them interview for the head coach in waiting. If Narduzzi wants to stick around - make him persona non grata. Force him accept a reasonable settlement number and resign.

lol, true. Seen that many times, someone named VP Special Projects, with no staff under them.

Reactions: 303vND

LOL - for $5M a year I'd be more than happy to sit in the corner and count the number of jelly beans it would take to fill the cathedral.

LOL - for $5M a year I'd be more than happy to sit in the corner and count the number of jelly beans it would take to fill the cathedral.
Yeah...but those people who reach those levels have tremendous pride and pride is a funny thing. Narduzzi seems like he has too much to sit there an be neutered to cash a check. He would take the settlement and move on.

Yeah...but those people who reach those levels have tremendous pride and pride is a funny thing. Narduzzi seems like he has too much to sit there an be neutered to cash a check. He would take the settlement and move on.
Where has that ever happened in the football world? Not saying it hasn’t but I’m doubtful.

Sounds like a fantasy way out and don’t see it happening ever really.

Probably happened more than you think it has. There’s been a ton of lame duck coaches.
Well yea of course there have been lame duck coaches. Didn’t our own Wanny wanna coach the bowl game? But lame ducks that I’m aware of are late season/last games situations. I don’t doubt that tons goes on behind the scenes that we’ll never know but this feels like a stretch.

Last edited:
I mentioned this on another thread but I would not be shocked if the next OC hire is given free rein and works autonomously from Narduzzi.

Well yea of course there have been lame duck coaches. Didn’t our own Wanny wanna coach the bowl game? But lame ducks that I’m aware of are late season/last games situations. I don’t doubt that tons go in behind the scenes that we’ll never know but this feels like a stretch.
Desparate times calls for desperate measures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT