ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Getting ready for EA Sports College Football '25

FearIsAChoice

Walk-on
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2020
Oakland, CA
For other posters who are considering buying EA Sports College Football '25, I'm curious to hear:
  1. Your connection to this game
  2. Your favorite mode
  3. If you're planning on playing dynasty, online dynasty, or road-to-glory, what's your strategy

For me:

1) My connection to the game

15 years ago, I would've considered myself a hardcore gamer - someone who would play 10-20 dynasty seasons of each NCAA College Football game. I swore that I'd never grow out of gaming - particularly sports games.

Flash forward, it's been over 10 years since I last purchased a sports video game and longer since I've actively played. I'm now 37 years old with a toddler and a busy job at a tech startup. I have absolutely no free time outside of occasionally catching a DVR'ed Pitt football or basketball game (or browsing this forum). Yet I find myself getting increasingly excited for the upcoming EA Sports College Football '25. I'm at the point where I'll probably place a pre-order this weekend.

I've been reflecting a little on why I'm willing to buy a game that I have absolutely no time to play. When I think about it, the reason why I'm at the point where I'm logging into PantherLair multiple times a day is not only due to my passion for Pitt, but due to my love of recruiting. This love undoubtedly started when I first played dynasty mode of NCAA Football [insert year] when I was in middle/high school. Something about that experience deepened my love for college football and my obsession with program building. I guess there's something inside that wants to reconnect with the game franchise that deepened my love for college football, recruiting, and eventually Pitt sports.

2) My favorite mode

Hands down it's dynasty mode (checkout this deep dive here). It's probably the only mode I'll play. I'll be staying up late to find the hours.

3) My strategy for dynasty mode

I'll probably take over as the OC of Pitt football and work my way up to a head coach. I'm going to implement a fast paced offense, but modeled off of a Raven's like attack that requires a mobile quarterback. When I become the head coach, I'm going to continue to implement an attacking defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News