ADVERTISEMENT

Any whispers on the Sy visit?

That's a good one I gotta say. VT losing Buzz to the $EC and hiring a mid-major lottery ticket tells you all you need to know. Glad to get rid of Buzz though.

Yeah, it tells me that Virginia Tech are cheap and/or don't care about basketball. Buzz was only making $2.7 million and they're not going to find a comparable coach without coming in closer to $4 million annually. They weren't willing to do that so they got Mike Young.

Reactions: BFo8
Yeah, it tells me that Virginia Tech are cheap and/or don't care about basketball. Buzz was only making $2.7 million and they're not going to find a comparable coach without coming in closer to $4 million annually. They weren't willing to do that so they got Mike Young.

Right but the VT equivalents in the $EC are spending $3.5 million to $4 million.

We are going to get 2 of the 3 big men we want! I really believe that and I think the Diallo choose Ohio State because he probably didn't like that we had other big men still coming in.

We are going to get 2 of the 3 big men we want! I really believe that and I think the Diallo choose Ohio State because he probably didn't like that we had other big men still coming in.

I'm holding out hope for this - Sy and ORN. Still think another HS, JUCO or Grad/Regular Transfer. Capel really better have something in the fold/bag here, but we kept striking out with previous guys, but some of them hopefully will fall our way. Would hope they can be somewhat impactful and ready to play some minutes.

ORN giving little Pitino a late chance early May. Patience needed but then other things may happen in the meantime.

Twitter makes me feel old. So was he asking the "Twitterverse" or just his Pitt followers? Would you translate this as him trying to make a graphic that reads "committed?"
When you put something on Twitter it’s out there for anyone whose following you to see . Also people can retweet your message and add their own comments . Anyone can also search for you and read all your
posts .
I’m interpreting him removing his tweet not as good news.

Twitter makes me feel old. So was he asking the "Twitterverse" or just his Pitt followers? Would you translate this as him trying to make a graphic that reads "committed?"
It’s hard to read too much into anything - recruits (and players) know that everything they post is going to be parsed over by the fans of the schools recruiting them, so sometimes they put stuff out there to cause a stir more than anything.

That said, usually recruits will ask someone who does graphic designs on Twitter to either make them a photoshopped “top X” list or a commitment graphic. It’s hard to know which one Sy would be making, but my reading between the lines is that his visit went well and it would probably be a surprise if he didn’t end up signing at Pitt.

It’s hard to read too much into anything - recruits (and players) know that everything they post is going to be parsed over by the fans of the schools recruiting them, so sometimes they put stuff out there to cause a stir more than anything.

That said, usually recruits will ask someone who does graphic designs on Twitter to either make them a photoshopped “top X” list or a commitment graphic. It’s hard to know which one Sy would be making, but my reading between the lines is that his visit went well and it would probably be a surprise if he didn’t end up signing at Pitt.
You wonder how often a visit doesn’t go well ?

Vuk actually spoke to Sy and apparently the visit was amazing. Take it with a grain of your favorite spice...

And yet the acc continues to win.

The ACC is 2 leagues. The Big 5 (UNC, Duke, UVa, Syr, Lou) who will all be in the NCAAT just about every single year and who will beat up on the "Other 10" leaving them very little opportunities for Quad 1 wins.

Pitt is in a league with

BC
ND
VT
Wake
NCSU
Clemson
GT
Miami
FSU

That's a 10 team league who will only send 2-4 teams to the NCAAT every year.

The ACC is 2 leagues. The Big 5 (UNC, Duke, UVa, Syr, Lou) who will all be in the NCAAT just about every single year and who will beat up on the "Other 10" leaving them very little opportunities for Quad 1 wins.

Pitt is in a league with

BC
ND
VT
Wake
NCSU
Clemson
GT
Miami
FSU

That's a 10 team league who will only send 2-4 teams to the NCAAT every year.
I don't expect this to be a permanent situation for Pitt. do you?

So you're saying we'll often be a 7-9 bid league with 5 elite teams that can win national titles, and that somehow is a weakness?

Yes, unfortunately, those 5 are so good (well Syr, not lately but historically), that they will hog 5 bids every year and will deprive the Other 10 of enough Quad 1 wins because these are 1-4 seed type of teams that you just aren't going to beat much.

From the standpoint of purely making the NCAAT, Pitt would have an easier chance of making it out of the Big East, Big Ten, or Big 12. Those leagues dont have as many unwinnable games and serve up enough 6-11 seed type of teams for you to scoop up enough Quad 1 wins.

Well.. What has Capel done in his Career to expect anything more?

Winning % is the Same as Kevin Stallings. Capel has Made the NCAA Tourney 3/10 Seasons..

Not sure what you don’t Understand
Idk stallings never recruited a first overall nba draft pick or had any 30+ win seasons or made an elite 8

I feel like we could crack that top five every so often if Capel gets this program rolling in a few years. I don’t consider Syracuse or UVA to be a true blue blood like UNC, duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. Maybe I’m just one of the few optimistic Pitt fans lol

Reactions: H2P-2007
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT