ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone attempting a home haircut yet?

Its funny, I finally get the chance to grow my hair out and I am now rapidly losing it!
I've decided on a mullet. Anybody know where I can get a "Members Only" jacket?? Goodwill's closed.

I'm much too vain and have only resorted to cutting my bangs.

But we all decided Mr. Pitt-girl needed some work since he is video conferencing all day/everyday. We found a pair of shears in an unused bathroom drawer. What's funny is that they had a set of dog prints on the one side. (We don't own any dogs so I have no idea of their origin.:rolleyes:)

We set him up in the garage and after watching a few YouTubes, our eldest felt like a pro. It went well albeit he now looks like Robert Duvall from Apocalypse Now. Looking at all the tufts of hair on and around him we naturally took out the leaf blower to clean him up.

Voila. Pandemic living.
My wife just did. Didn't turn out too well.

I'm much too vain and have only resorted to cutting my bangs.

But we all decided Mr. Pitt-girl needed some work since he is video conferencing all day/everyday. We found a pair of shears in an unused bathroom drawer. What's funny is that they had a set of dog prints on the one side. (We don't own any dogs so I have no idea of their origin.:rolleyes:)

We set him up in the garage and after watching a few YouTubes, our eldest felt like a pro. It went well albeit he now looks like Robert Duvall from Apocalypse Now. Looking at all the tufts of hair on and around him we naturally took out the leaf blower to clean him up.

Voila. Pandemic living.

Your post prompted me to buy a clipper/trimmer. Can't wait to give it a test drive. Can't stand shaggy hair.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Your post prompted me to buy a clipper/trimmer. Can't wait to give it a test drive. Can't stand shaggy hair.
Start with one of the longer attachments, so that you can dial in the length you want.

It's very easy to take too much off before you get a feel for the attachments.

It's easier to cut your hair progressively shorter three times, than to wait three weeks for it to grow out to an acceptable level.

This is on its way to becoming a sore point between Masha and me. When she was going to the university in Ukraine, she worked part-time as a hair stylist. My hair is about 3 weeks from being declared a national disaster area, but she won’t touch it. She says she only did straight trims of long women’s’ hair in Ukraine.

My barber owns her shop. There are 8 chairs and only 3 barbers, so social distancing is not an issue except with your own barber. I don’t know if I would go in or not if allowed. I’d be mainly concerned with the sanitization of the equipment. But I’m probably vain enough to risk my life for a decent haircut.

Do they still make flowbees? My problem. I don't have the thickest of hair now on top. It is long. It straggles. I can't stand the bald thing, think I would look like a tool. But man, I need some hair cut off the top so it doesn't start manifesting itself into a Trump like mess.

I cut my hair weekly with a Wahl clipper, and have been doing that for many years.

I like my hair to be very short. Not buzz cut short, but it's so thin that with any length at all it goes everywhere with the first gust of wind.

I also don't have much at all on top, so I don't have to worry about parting it, or sculpting it from top to sides. Think "Kevin Stallings" haircut.

One of the main benefits of using the clippers is that I can trim my eyebrows weekly, so I don't look like I have a caterpillar over my eyes.

iu

I bought some Wahl clippers on line, they were supposed to be here on May 5 but they came last Saturday. I just get buzzed (talking about hair) so I figured it would be easy for my wife. But she's a perfectionist, so she's been following me around with the clippers for two days constantly saying she needs to fix something.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I've been giving my self a buzzcut with a Whal trimmer for years. Love that cool refreshing feeling.

I get a haircut about four times a year so my hair is regularly shaggy. But this is starting to morph into a mullet now. With the losses on top, I'm soon going to look like Carl from Aqua Teens.

For all those who trim, where do you do it? In the yard? I trimmed my sideburns over the sink a few weeks back and the mess was pretty terrible.

For all those who trim, where do you do it? In the yard? I trimmed my sideburns over the sink a few weeks back and the mess was pretty terrible.

I do it over the bathroom sink. I’m usually just doing a trim. Hopefully it all ends up in the sink and can be cleaned up fairly easily with a paper towel. Hasn’t been much of a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT