ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know anything about what's going on at "The O" site?

bwh05

All Conference
Apr 20, 2005
Anyone know what's going in there? Went past there today and saw people inside doing renovations, but I haven't heard anything around campus about what it is.

Imagine what they'll find under the decades of grease buildup.

I'll be pumped if they can figure out how to stop the water from pooling in the bathroom!

Seriously, I just hope it's not some plain fast food type franchise

Reactions: Iupswack
I'll be pumped if they can figure out how to stop the water from pooling in the bathroom!

Seriously, I just hope it's not some plain fast food type franchise

brace yourself b/c it's going to be a subway or burger king or something of that ilk.

brace yourself b/c it's going to be a subway or burger king or something of that ilk.

That's what I was afraid of since there really wasn't any publicity about it.

It could just be the owner of the building getting it ready to try to lease it.

That's what I was afraid of since there really wasn't any publicity about it.

It could just be the owner of the building getting it ready to try to lease it.

honestly i was just kidding. it'll probably be a gucci or tiffany's. something high end is just what oakland needs.

• Haha
Reactions: BPKY
Haven’t seen anything about the O site. That said, they’re building a big apartment building at the old Marathon station that closed a few months ago. The renderings look really nice, and it should be an additional boon to the housing density on that part of Forbes.

Also, it looks like they might be closing in on an agreement for the proposed office/lab building at the former CVS/Jimmy John’s/parking lot next to the Hilton. There had been some holdup with the community groups. And Walnut Capital has formally started on the large lab building on Fifth and Halket.

It is going to be the reopening of the “O” by Cuban.
The last I heard, Cuban said talks had stalled, because the owners had over priced it, presumably because he was a billionaire.

Unless the current owners were willing to negotiate the price, the sale was over.

I miss winners Korean Restaurant in the basement a couple of blocks down. Was there in the 90s. Who doesn’t like Bi Bim Bop?

Reactions: Iupswack
The last I heard, Cuban said talks had stalled, because the owners had over priced it, presumably because he was a billionaire.

Unless the current owners were willing to negotiate the price, the sale was over.
I don’t think Cuban ever actually pursued it. He got the hometown headlines, which is what he was interested in.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Stretch0707
I don’t think Cuban ever actually pursued it. He got the hometown headlines, which is what he was interested in.
I somehow think Mark Cuban has evolved past the need to grab "hometown headlines" regarding the possible purchase of a hot dog shop.

I think he may have had some nostalgia for the place, but I think the numbers didn't work, so he passed. Nothing more.

Reactions: President Stache
Lol Cuban is full of it. So they raised the price because be was a billionaire but then someone else was willing to pay? Hmm.

Maybe he should try to buy the Pirates after all. "Nutting was asking too much cause I'm a billionaire."

Anyone know what's going in there? Went past there today and saw people inside doing renovations, but I haven't heard anything around campus about what it is.
Recreational marijuana boutique...location, location, location!

Actually, Sombrero Man is back and opening a hat shop there. I'm waiting to hear if he will sell Pitt Script sombrero hats.

Last edited:
Lol Cuban is full of it. So they raised the price because be was a billionaire but then someone else was willing to pay? Hmm.

Maybe he should try to buy the Pirates after all. "Nutting was asking too much cause I'm a billionaire."
Do you know for sure that the sellers didn't negotiate a lower price with the new buyers, or are you just making an assumption?

For those reasons... Cuban is out. Mr. Wonderful has an offer to give them the cash in exchange for $1 on every pizza sold. Barbara is still intrigued, if only for the opportunity to work some college dudes.

Breezewood Sheetz satellite location. They have the new Jordan Addison game jerseys and figure it will be a prime location.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT