ADVERTISEMENT

ANYONE still think Pickett is our best option?

I honestly have no idea how to evaluate Pickett after 25 or so starts. He has had no pass protection or WRs and TEs who can consistently make plays. At least he had a running game with Hall and Ollison last year. I don’t think he’s very good, but how do we really know?

Pickett is not great... but really... is he any better than Cincinnati's back-up QB? From what I saw? No.

The problem is the talent around him. Cincinnati has better talent at most skill positions and definitely OL. THAT is on Narduzzi.

Not a fan, but the kid played really good today. 30-40, 3 drops and was pressured all night.

We must have watched a different game. His protection was good for the most part. He often times gets happy feet and flushes when he doesn’t have to He also holds the ball way too long and focuses on one receiver.

He didn’t lose the game today but he certainly didn’t win it. This was not a good defense he was playing against.

he was down right awful against UVa Miami and VT and had poor performances in half’s of UNC and Duke

Pitt will not win more than 8 games next year if he’s the starter and that’s a crime

Reactions: lilspainishflea
We must have watched a different game. His protection was good for the most part. He often times gets happy feet and flushes when he doesn’t have to He also holds the ball way too long and focuses on one receiver.

He didn’t lose the game today but he certainly didn’t win it. This was not a good defense he was playing against.

he was down right awful against UVa Miami and VT and had poor performances in half’s of UNC and Duke

Pitt will not win more than 8 games next year if he’s the starter and that’s a crime

A QB can not be perfect. He needs help. The RB’s have been inconsistent, the OL has been inconsistent and constantly commit penalties. The WR’s drop passes and run the wrong routes. It is easy to focus on the QB because he has his hands on the ball every play.

Taking Pickett out of the equation will not solve the problems that I described above.

You want him to perform like Marino. Few can do that. BTW, one of the reasons that future HOF Dan Marino had a lousy senior season is because his WR’s were inconsistent and dropped a lot of passes...

You want him to perform like Marino.

Personally I'd take any of the three QBs that Walt Harris once had on the same roster (Rutherford, Palko, and Flacco.)

Yeah Pickett hasn't had a ton of help. He's tough. He tries hard and can run. But he's also pretty mediocre touch throwing down field and it limits their options.

You want him to perform like Marino.

Personally I'd take any of the three QBs that Walt Harris once had on the same roster (Rutherford, Palko, and Flacco.)

Yeah Pickett hasn't had a ton of help. He's tough. He tries hard and can run. But he's also pretty mediocre touch throwing down field and it limits their options.

He doesn’t have the talent of Cavanaugh, Marino and the QB’s you mentioned. However the name of the game is winning. He was not the cause of losing today. Not even close. How much better would his numbers look if WR’s weren’t dropping passes? If you pull Pickett, the problems still exist.

Reactions: superstein61a
Pickett would be just fine if the supporting cast was half decent. A better OL with a decent running game and some receivers and TE's who can catch the ball would take much of the pressure off of Kenny to try and win it all by himself.

He doesn’t have the talent of Cavanaugh, Marino and the QB’s you mentioned. However the name of the game is winning. He was not the cause of losing today. Not even close. How much better would his numbers look if WR’s weren’t dropping passes? If you pull Pickett, the problems still exist.

Exactly. He completed 75% of his passes for over 300 yards. He didn't fumble 3 times, run the wrong route or drop passes

Reactions: Farnox and Dan1911
Wayne would probably be redshirting at Old Dominion this year if Narduzzi hadn't offered. Instead, he's at Pitt fumbling and dropping passes.

I watched Wayne waving frantically trying to get Picketts attention as he was 8 yes behind his defender but alas Kenny didn't see him. But our luck Wayne probably would have dropped it.This was late 3rd qtr

OK. The interception- in the red zone-right to BC was not his fault?

Rewatch it the WR cut behind the DB when he should have run across the front of the DB which Pickett expected. It was the Freshman Wayne though so he will learn. When the ball was thrown Wayne was to the side of the DB.. if he would have cut in front the DB it would at worst been broken up if bit caught. Was a bad route ran by the WR.

Rewatch it the WR cut behind the DB when he should have run across the front of the DB which Pickett expected. It was the Freshman Wayne though so he will learn. When the ball was thrown Wayne was to the side of the DB.. if he would have cut in front the DB it would at worst been broken up if bit caught. Was a bad route ran by the WR.
I’ll rewatch another game without a passing td
Just like the last one.

Pickett threw it into coverage .
It was a stupid pass

I heard on the radio broadcast that Pitt led the country in dropped passes. If most of those passes are caught, Pitt is 10-2.

Yes, we’ve dropped 38 catchable passes this year. That’s 3 per game. Not to mention they are one of the most penalized teams in college

In their defense, Pitt also throws more than just about everyone else. Drop rate would be a better gauge; I'm sure it won't be great but maybe not #1.

As others have mentioned numerous times, Pickett needs a supporting cast. He has very little running game, poor pass and run blocking, receivers who couldn’t catch a flu and honestly, I’m not sure he fits the offensive system.

Imagine having SEC type receivers with speed where you could dump the ball off underneath all game, open up the run game and then unleash one downfield. Although this would be nice we have also seen Pickett throw low, behind as well as uncatchable fastballs to his receivers.

Certainly don’t think he is worth benching however I really want to see Beville develop and help right the ship.

He's the best we have right now. He sure looks like a great QB at times when he puts together a drive or even a few tough passes in a row. A lot of his struggles go to our poor line, drops, lack of catching TEs, lack of a consistent running game. I'm hoping either he can move to the next level next year or be challenged in camp by Beville (probably unlikely).

Pickett would be just fine if the supporting cast was half decent. A better OL with a decent running game and some receivers and TE's who can catch the ball would take much of the pressure off of Kenny to try and win it all by himself.

This^

Watching warm ups before the game I could not help but notice the ball coming out of Beville's hand with much more velocity than KP. I thought tonight might be the game that we see him in a series or two but noooooooo!

You can't blame KP anymore than the OL. We can not run block at all and BC's defense stinks.

Yes, we’ve dropped 38 catchable passes this year. That’s 3 per game. Not to mention they are one of the most penalized teams in college
And thier turnover ratio is -9. The Golden rule of football don't turn it over, don't make stupid mistakes and force the other guy to turn it over. Pitt was absolutely horrible at the first two and average in the last one. IF THAT -9 IS A PLUS 9 we are saying what a great job PN has done with the program this morning and figuring out if we are going to Charlotte next week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT