ADVERTISEMENT

Anyway, about some of those other games... Duke-Northwestern

crosbymalkin8771

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2009
Looking through yesterday's scoreboard and that one intrigues me. Same coaches, same QB, same RB who torched Pitt last year and yet he was held to 18 yards on 7 carries by Duke.

Clayton Thorson their QB with a funny stat line - 11/29 120 yds 0 TDs 2 INTs and 4 carries for -40 yards.

A 41-17 drubbing by a team we blew out last year to a team that gave us hell (I know, injuries and all, but still). Is Northwestern that much worse or Duke that much better this year?

And Duke has a young quarterback to boot. That will be a struggle down there unless this Pitt offense gets it together and fast.

Looking through yesterday's scoreboard and that one intrigues me. Same coaches, same QB, same RB who torched Pitt last year and yet he was held to 18 yards on 7 carries by Duke.

Clayton Thorson their QB with a funny stat line - 11/29 120 yds 0 TDs 2 INTs and 4 carries for -40 yards.

A 41-17 drubbing by a team we blew out last year to a team that gave us hell (I know, injuries and all, but still). Is Northwestern that much worse or Duke that much better this year?

Each game is different.

That said I watched the game and dukes an looked good.

True, that bowl game last year was kind of bizzaro world. How we let up over 200 yds rushing to that back when we held better backs in check all year is what got me.

If you saw the the postgame of the bowl, NW fairly erupted in joy at the win. Their coach seemed to be in tears addressing their crowd there. Meanwhile, we clearly didn't come with much gusto to play. There seemed to be minimal prep. Certainly not ready at all for what NW was going to do, plus playing on our heels, reluctant to get hit, while NW was popping (which lead to the injuries that occurred). Everything was a bit sloppier. This underscored how important each side thought the game was. It seems to be how Pitt handles bowl games every time, hence we usually play poorly in them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT