ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to get a Big?

I've been saying all along, Jorge is a three and Guillermo is a four. They can play elsewhere, but that was out of need, not out of what was their optimal usage.
That's how I see it. Assuming Kante is half decent, his takes all the pressure off the front court. You can play whoever is contributing at center and it frees the twins to play where and when they provide a mismatch or are needed for center depth.

We need a strong front court to carry the load until the young guards gel. No more trying to fit square pegs in round holes. The roster is basically complete and balanced.

Reactions: Drew1208 and gary2
That's how I see it. Assuming Kante is half decent, his takes all the pressure off the front court. You can play whoever is contributing at center and it frees the twins to play where and when they provide a mismatch or are needed for center depth.

We need a strong front court to carry the load until the young guards gel. No more trying to fit square pegs in round holes. The roster is basically complete and balanced.
Still would like a senior guard added. Does nothave to be a star.

The twins real value is that they are 7 footers that can shoot the ball and are natural shot blockers , unless they can miraculously gain 30 lbs of muscle they’re best suited to play the 3/4 and not the 5 .

I think all those naysayers about HC JC will find that with the right contingent of players he’s a fine coach . Coaching while important is overrated you need the talent first .

Guess he’s not going to get let go after the season as some on here have predicted .

Kudos to whomever stepped up to land Kante . Guess they were saving the NIL for the big guy .
The minutes just got a bit tougher for the twins next year. They will both be very good bench pieces and you have to really love our depth and roster flexibility for next season. In addition to getting stronger, both need to really work on their shooting. Once Hinson is gone the twins can take over the 4 and they will be matchup nightmares as stretch 4's. I'm not sure either will have the quickness needed to guard the 3.

Not a developmental big. He was ready to play minutes from Day 1. I consider developmental bigs to be lottery ticket guys that we always had on the roster in the hopes they can contribute by Year 4 or 5. Like Peace Illegomah or Max Amudusun.
G absolutely is / was a developmental big.

The minutes just got a bit tougher for the twins next year. They will both be very good bench pieces and you have to really love our depth and roster flexibility for next season. In addition to getting stronger, both need to really work on their shooting. Once Hinson is gone the twins can take over the 4 and they will be matchup nightmares as stretch 4's. I'm not sure either will have the quickness needed to guard the 3.
Pitt really had issues when they played teams who had more bodies, depth and length in the front court than they did. Duke was a perfect example! They had bigs coming off the bench who could have played at Pitt. I don’t think that will be much of a concern now and in fact it becomes the same issue for other teams when they play us.

Haha well usually everyone’s coming after me for being negative, I’m super positive and now you’re laying it on me! I can’t win!
Tell it as you see it! I
don't spend any time
on recruiting until they
actually step on the
floor as Pitt players.
I appreciate the comments
by those who are in touch
with these players in the
off season. Keep it up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT