ADVERTISEMENT

Are you satisfied? The response better be a resounding No

So like I said, the follow up question should have then been "so if you are doing what you are doing because some people said negative things about you, then the clear implication of that is that if no one had said anything negative about you you wouldn't be trying so hard. Are you really telling us that if no one has anything bad to say about you you won't be bothered to try so hard and play well?"

"Media, writers, the other team, someone on the internet, some mean dude who passed me on the street, said something bad about me so I'm going to give it my all to prove them wrong" is nothing more than a standard sports cliche. It's no different than any of the other tripe you typically hear in a presser. Because I guarantee you, absolutely, 100% guarantee you, that if you asked Lowe if the only reason he gives the effort he does and the only reason he plays as well as he does is because someone said something mean about him he'd look at you like you had two heads.

Because, quite frankly, it's absurd.

As I'm reading thru this thread, I feel you're wasting your time using
logic. Better yet, a famous Mark Twain saying...........Never argue with
fools. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Im just trying to keep things grounded like I did before and keep this team hungry. Im not going to say we are a top 25 team, Bub is a superstar in the making, we are underrated, "we are back" ect...

Respect is earned, not given. And we have the opportunity to earn it against Florida and Baylor.

The only number that is important right now is the 0 in the loss column. I want to keep it that way through the New York trip.
lm with yah!! Right mind set!!

Reactions: Vader_Storm
As I'm reading thru this thread, I feel you're wasting your time using
logic. Better yet, a famous Mark Twain saying...........Never argue with
fools. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

The greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan, used trash talk as motivation. Constantly. There is countless documentaries about it. It doesn't matter if it was players, coaches, fans, media, sports networks, everybody. He used it as motivation. It didn't matter if it was a real game, practice, or pickup ball at the park.

There are players, NBA hall of famers, that came out and said you never talk shit to Jordan because he will take the heart right out of you the moment you do. You don't believe me? This is hall of famers learning their lesson the hard way against Jordan.

And Ill put this argument to bed. Jordan is the greatest sports player ever, regardless of sport. And these are hall of famers telling you keep your mouth shut when talking about Mike about anything. The moment someone opened their mouth up about Mike in the wrong way, it was instantly personal, and, they lost.

Its called extra motivation.

The greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan, used trash talk as motivation. Constantly. There is countless documentaries about it. It doesn't matter if it was players, coaches, fans, media, sports networks, everybody. He used it as motivation. It didn't matter if it was a real game, practice, or pickup ball at the park.

There are players, NBA hall of famers, that came out and said you never talk shit to Jordan because he will take the heart right out of you the moment you do. You don't believe me? This is hall of famers learning their lesson the hard way against Jordan.

And Ill put this argument to bed. Jordan is the greatest sports player ever, regardless of sport. And these are hall of famers telling you keep your mouth shut when talking about Mike about anything. The moment someone opened their mouth up about Mike in the wrong way, it was instantly personal, and, they lost.

Its called extra motivation.

Actually this makes my point perfectly for me. Because what Jordan was the master at was taking offense where none was actually offered. It was his internal tool that he used, he didn't need someone to say something bad about him, he frequently used something completely innocuous.

Because at the end of the day, like all great players, Jordan's motivation came from himself, not from others. The notion that if no one ever said anything bad about Jordan that he would have been just an average, run of the mill player, is simply nuts. Because for more than a decade NO ONE said anything bad about Jordan. And he was the greatest basketball player of all time.

Im just trying to keep things grounded like I did before and keep this team hungry. Im not going to say we are a top 25 team, Bub is a superstar in the making, we are underrated, "we are back" ect...

The only number that is important right now is the 0 in the loss column. I want to keep it that way through the New York trip.
You've really gone over the top lately as evidenced in this thread.
Step back and take a deep breath. All of us here want the best for
this Pitt bball team. WE, just like you enjoy what we've seen so far,
and are waiting to see how we do with the upcoming games against
some much better teams. Another poster on here said he didn't even
recognize you lately from the days when you posted as Putt whatever
it is. So calm down, and keep it short and simple.

You were right on target with your pre season descriptions of Carrington.
You do a great job getting us recruiting info and looks into what recruits
are doing in off season tourneys etc. That is your strongest point on here,
and I for one, appreciate it. Getting into these long, tedious, and boring
harrangues does nothing for you. It clutters up the board and frankly
makes you look poorer for it. It's not crucial for you to warn us and
explain over and over how you're just want "to keep this team hungry."
We GET IT. BTW, a good number of us have bball backgrounds, we
just don't wear it on our sleeve.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockypanther
You've really gone over the top lately as evidenced in this thread.
Step back and take a deep breath. All of us here want the best for
this Pitt bball team. WE, just like you enjoy what we've seen so far,
and are waiting to see how we do with the upcoming games against
some much better teams. Another poster on here said he didn't even
recognize you lately from the days when you posted as Putt whatever
it is. So calm down, and keep it short and simple.

You were right on target with your pre season descriptions of Carrington.
You do a great job getting us recruiting info and looks into what recruits
are doing in off season tourneys etc. That is your strongest point on here,
and I for one, appreciate it. Getting into these long, tedious, and boring
harrangues does nothing for you. It clutters up the board and frankly
makes you look poorer for it. It's not crucial for you to warn us and
explain over and over how you're just want "to keep this team hungry."
We GET IT. BTW, a good number of us have bball backgrounds, we
just don't wear it on our sleeve.

Serious question.

What is your opinion of this below on twitter.

Is it.... appropriate, out of line, accurate, to early to say, offensive, boring, clutters up the oakland zoo pitt fan account?

This is the head of Pitt's Oakland Zoo with 33K followers with a pinned tweet on the disrespect regarding Pitt. This is a person that is representing the university on social media. And there is a guy smashing people in the head with a chair beating up the naysayers with logos above their heads. My point is 2 fold.

1) Im not the only person playing the disrespect card here and beating this drum. Im not even close to being the only one.

2) There are people on social media with far bigger followings than me taking it personal. One of those people is the head of the Pittsburgh Oakland Zoo student section. And that person even wrote in the headline "its personal"

If you have an issue with what Im writing, you probably have the same issue with the Oakland Zoo.

Serious question.

What is your opinion of this below on twitter.

Is it.... appropriate, out of line, accurate, to early to say, offensive, boring, clutters up the oakland zoo pitt fan account?

This is the head of Pitt's Oakland Zoo with 33K followers with a pinned tweet on the disrespect regarding Pitt. This is a person that is representing the university on social media. And there is a guy smashing people in the head with a chair beating up the naysayers with logos above their heads. My point is 2 fold.

1) Im not the only person playing the disrespect card here and beating this drum. Im not even close to being the only one.

2) There are people on social media with far bigger followings than me taking it personal. One of those people is the head of the Pittsburgh Oakland Zoo student section. And that person even wrote in the headline "its personal"

If you have an issue with what Im writing, you probably have the same issue with the Oakland Zoo.

So there's others besides you making an ass of themselves on line. That's
a poor defense for you doing it also. I said my piece to you above. I'm not
getting into a long, tedious, boring harrangue with you. Stick to what you
do well. I'm done with this. Bye.

Reactions: rockypanther
Thanks for posting those clips, Vader. I really enjoyed rewatching a lot of that Georgetown game. That was a tough year and a hell of run. The part I always remembered from that broadcast was Jaymie Dixon saying how much he was enjoying watching the team celebrate.

And the Michael Jordan clip was really hilarious. And true. The competitive attitude that top athletes have is part of why they are so fascinating.

Hey guys! Vader is closing in on DT as our number one fan. For years now, a bunch of ever-ready grumps are always lining up to argue with him. The voices of reason and experience, huh? It's a bad look.

Not only that, we had a really good year last year and somehow seem like we may be better this year. I’m not understanding anything negative about this team yet. And this is coming from someone who’s always called negative on this site.

How can the biggest cheerleader of the 4 terrible teams we’ve had in the Capel era somehow now be the arbiter of bad news and reason?
I am still confused. Is this the same poster who glorifies every recruit the last 4 years we got?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT