ADVERTISEMENT

Article Aston returns to role as the Swiss Army knife

You can't limit Aston, the only thing that can limit Aston is Aston.
If the offensive line can return close to the level played in 2016 I really think Pickett and the crew will surprise everyone in the ACC this year. Pitt contends for the Coastal Division title if all falls in place on the OL.

I remember reading a quote from one of the bigger Pitt players last season (a d-lineman comes to mind) when he was asked which Pitt player he did NOT want to get into a fight with, and George was the one he picked.

Every team needs as many of those guys as they can get.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I remember reading a quote from one of the bigger Pitt players last season (a d-lineman comes to mind) when he was asked which Pitt player he did NOT want to get into a fight with, and George was the one he picked.

it will be interesting to see whether Aston gets selected in next years NFL draft. If healthy this I saw round 4 or better.

Ollison was doing a fantastic job in that role the last 2-3 games last year. I wonder if they can use both guys together somehow.

Ollison was doing a fantastic job in that role the last 2-3 games last year. I wonder if they can use both guys together somehow.
I think they can but since we play with only 1 football and 11 on offense I think the likelihood of both playing on the field at the same time is remote.

it will be interesting to see whether Aston gets selected in next years NFL draft. If healthy this I saw round 4 or better.
The last time a FB was drafted higher than the 4th round was 2008, when the Chargers selected Jacob Hester in the 3rd round. He was more of a hybrid / fullback tailback at LSU where he rushed for over 1,100 yards his senior year.

I love Aston and he is a hell of a football player, but he isn't getting drafted that high. I think that he can make it to the NFL because versatility is what teams look for in a FB now, and he has tape of that. But the number of roster spots allocated across the league has dwindled, with only about 2/3 of the league using them and most only keeping 1 active. That Clemson game will get him noticed but special teams and health will be key in him being added to an NFL roster.

As a barometer, watch to see where Jaylen Samuels from NC State goes. Samuels isn't as thick and is a little more athletic, but both are shorter do-it-all guys that sprung from Canada's offense.

I would encourage to watch/see him before he puts the pads on... you'll see why you would never cross him ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT