ADVERTISEMENT

Austin and Lowe on Brandin 'Beebah' Cummings

JimHammett

All P I T T !
Staff
Dec 4, 2012
Yesterday in the interviews, I asked Pitt's two veterans Zack Austin and Jaland Lowe about freshman guard Brandin Cummings. Cummings also goes by the nickname Beebah, so if you aren't used to that by now, you'll hear him referred to as that quite often this season.

I asked Lowe in the sense that he and Bub weren't five-star top 50 guys, and neither was Cummings. But if he saw himself in the way Cummings is competing so far.

Lowe: “Yea for sure. It’s just, Coach does a great job of recruiting guys of who…just recruiting in general, but to get a guy like Beebah, whose hard-nosed, gritty, can score. It helps a lot because we’re overlooked, and to be overlooked is not a good feeling. Coach did a good job of getting Beebah, and he’s going to come out here and prove why he shown’t have been overlooked, and we need a guy like that.”

I asked Austin in the sense, does he see some similar traits in Cummings, as a freshman guard who might outplay their ranking like Bub and Jaland.

Austin: “I think they’re at the same place, honestly, in just their own separate ways. Bub can do PG, shooting guard, Lowe is more of a pure point, and then Beebah might be the best scorer, like scorer, I ever played with. The shot making ability he’s got is second to none. There’s not a shot he don’t like and there’s not a shot we don’t tell him not to take. But Beebah is just going to be one of them ones, I’m telling you.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.