ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about impact of new AD

chillsy

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2007
Aldie, Virginia
I know the hiring of Allen Greene has been discussed quite a bit on the board, but I was thinking about the impact he will make at Pitt, for the program and its reputation nationally. I do not know anything about Greene, except what I have read in the past few days. It sounds like his experience at a program as significant as Tennessee will certainly impact Pitt's program, and sounds as if he is well versed in NIL and what we will need to do to keep competitive in that area going forward.
Something else that struck me, as he has experience at several programs, and it sounds as if he has a really great reputation around the P4 and beyond, is can he be more valuable at positioning Pitt for the upcoming changes to the P4, or Super League, or whatever is going to happen in the next 5 years. I think there were different thoughts on what Heather Lyke could do for Pitt in the changing landscape of college football, and it was clear her reputation was eroding at the end of her tenure, but I am somewhat optimistic that Greene could have greater impact on Pitt's future in the college football landscape and whatever becomes of the P4 and playoff system, that I feel a little bit better about the future for Pitt.
Again, that is my gut, based on nothing more than what I have read and heard about the guy. Maybe I am hopelessly optimistic, but I didn't feel this way 6 months ago. I guess we just need to wait and see, and let the guy get in the job and see what he can do, but I am more bullish on Pitt's future than I was before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.