ADVERTISEMENT

Avonte Maddox

NFL.com has him at a 4.39 and listed as one of the fasted 40's overall.

In a reduced role, Maddox should be a nice depth player in the NFL. He finished off his career pretty strong at Pitt after a couple of bad seasons. I hope he gets drafted into the right situation.

Really good player. Going to make money for ten years. Perfect for covering slot guys. Those are essentially starters now. Did really well at the Senior Bowl.

I bet he goes to a smart team like the Patriots.

Reactions: Pittnerski
Hope Maddox gets to reach his dream of making it in the NFL, in the event he misses on playing in the NFL I hope PN has the sense to offer him a grad assistant position. Anyone that has a heart for football like Maddox would make a good football coach. He obviously is proud to be a Pitt man and could be a coaching savior someday for Pitt.

Not to hijack Maddox's thread but I have to make this statement. How did a white kid from Mt Lebanon run the 4th fastest time (4.34) overall at the combine.What Apke did was the most amazing thing at the combine in my opinion.Another blow to the southern speed myth.

Maddox is an example of what good coaching we have. He looked dreadful at first, and I didnt think he had much of a chance of success. But, he really came on strong and finished well. To think he will be playing pro ball is outstanding.

He's a track kid from a track family.

Not to hijack Maddox's thread but I have to make this statement. How did a white kid from Mt Lebanon run the 4th fastest time (4.34) overall at the combine.What Apke did was the most amazing thing at the combine in my opinion.Another blow to the southern speed myth.

Reactions: Pittnerski

The whole “Southern Speed” thing really doesn’t have anything to do with WR’s and DB’s. Everyone in the country has burners at those positions.

It’s their speed on the lines, especially the DL, where the South seems to be way ahead of the curve in the last 20 years.

The whole “Southern Speed” thing really doesn’t have anything to do with WR’s and DB’s. Everyone in the country has burners at those positions.

It’s their speed on the lines, especially the DL, where the South seems to be way ahead of the curve in the last 20 years.
OK I'll rephrase this!O'Neil burst the bubble of the Southern Speed Myth!

Reactions: BFo8
Great kid too, represented the university well.

Agree. A true Pitt man. Was great to see him run a 4.39 and have the top 60 yd shuttle.

As far a J. Whitehead he did great in the bench as many figured. Does anyone know why he did not run the 40? Were his times expected to be slow...that’s why many skip it. No he does not have Maddox speed but I thought he could move pretty well...

And the big boy O’Neil was moving with his 40.

Good luck to all of them in the draft.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Agree. A true Pitt man. Was great to see him run a 4.39 and have the top 60 yd shuttle.

As far a J. Whitehead he did great in the bench as many figured. Does anyone know why he did not run the 40? Were his times expected to be slow...that’s why many skip it. No he does not have Maddox speed but I thought he could move pretty well...

And the big boy O’Neil was moving with his 40.

Good luck to all of them in the draft.
I know some guys didn't run and want to do their 40s at their schools pro day. Honestly I haven't even paid attention if Pitt had or is having one, so no clue if that's why or not. Kind of seems silly to me to not run at all though, obviously a huge red flag in the speed department if you're not willing to run at all.

Catching a joke isn't one of your strong points J.D.You are correct reading comprehension is one of the reasons my college board scores were what they were and they're weren't good.

Probably due to a pepperoni roll, Yann dog, and ramps addiction. Oh and would you be so kind as to lend us Huggy for a few seasons?

The fact that a white kid from north running that is so “noteworthy” shows that it isn’t a “myth”. That’s what makes it notable

Reactions: freddietee511
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT