ADVERTISEMENT

B12 now wants remaining pac 4 schools

Supposedly private schools are bad if you are Stanford and SMU, but not if you are TCU, Baylor, and BYU, and also on top of that, urban schools are bad if you are Pitt or Louisville, but not if you are Cincy, UCF or Houston.

Stanford is a national brand. I am semi-ok with them. BYU too but I wouldn't take BYU for other reasons. SMU, TCU, Baylor are all the same. Small schools, small fanbases.

Saying B12 now is the clear cut #3 is the equivalent of saying the B10 is the clear cut number 1 conference over the SEC

After Oklahoma and Texas leave the B12 has a total of 2 schools ever in the CFP with a record of 1-2 (Cincy 0-1, TCU 1-1)
ACC has a record of 6-5 with two national championships

Want to include the BCS? (back to 1998)
B12 5 additional BCS games (no team in championship game)
ACC 17 additional BCS games, 4 championship games and 2 more champions

Reactions: Dan1911
Saying B12 now is the clear cut #3 is the equivalent of saying the B10 is the clear cut number 1 conference over the SEC

After Oklahoma and Texas leave the B12 has a total of 2 schools ever in the CFP with a record of 1-2 (Cincy 0-1, TCU 1-1)
ACC has a record of 6-5 with two national championships

Want to include the BCS? (back to 1998)
B12 5 additional BCS games (no team in championship game)
ACC 17 additional BCS games, 4 championship games and 2 more champions
Ah yes, the old we have Clemson and you don’t argument.

Stanford is a national brand. I am semi-ok with them. BYU too but I wouldn't take BYU for other reasons. SMU, TCU, Baylor are all the same. Small schools, small fanbases.
I disagree. TCU and Baylor sell out their stadium every game. TCU played in the national championship last year and Baylor was an OT loss from making the CFP in 2019.

SMU has the resources to be a consistent top 25 team.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
If i had to guess, i would think SMU gets invited subject to a guaranteed commitment to elevate their football program

Whatever that may be

I disagree. TCU and Baylor sell out their stadium every game. TCU played in the national championship last year and Baylor was an OT loss from making the CFP in 2019.

Ehh. They were selling P5 and SMU couldn't do that. SMU is paying 25K/year salaries and the other 2 arent. On a level playing field, the 3 are even. I wouldn’t necessarily want any of them but they are all similar. SMU may have the best potential.

If i had to guess, i would think SMU gets invited subject to a guaranteed commitment to elevate their football program

Whatever that may be

I think SMU would get really good really quickly because they'd invest heavily. However, no one in Dallas or anywhere would care so I dont think its necessarily a good thing for a nothing private school to be running the ACC.

If SMU gets admitted to the ACC I won't be surprised if in addition to the money they've already put forward to make up for the lack of a conference share for the next 7 years; if their boosters don't quickly step up to make SMU's NIL collective one of the most well-endowed, if not the most well-endowed NIL collective in the country.

The same type of spending that brought them the death penalty may well bring them enormous success in the NIL era.

Re TCU/Baylor: Thats because they have stadiums that are 50K and 45 K respectively...the same logic for our fanatical friends who want to build a playhouse down in panther hollow.

This is a priceless post. You clearly are failing to remember the summers of 2021 and 2022.

Let’s put it this way. There was 5-10x the discussion that the XII is done versus the ACC….if not more.

Trust me when I tell you the following. Fans of the XII TX schools, Okie Lite, KS schools, ISU and WVU (remaining members) look at about half of the ACC as very inferior, athletically and from a brand perspective. Many of them could end up in AAC. They just don’t care and are metro schools. A couple of years back the ACC “title” game was between Pitt and Wake Forest, a high school.

They’re not wrong.

If the ACC remains intact (a serious question), there’s no doubt that it’s better from a brand/marketability perspective because of 2 institutions (UNC and FSU). It’s still not a better football conference and obviously not a better hoops conference.
Can you find jobs for those language profs in Morgantown?? Sofa repairs?? Free MBA holders?
Phony dentist in the sticks? "Deliverance II" cast?

I think SMU would get really good really quickly because they'd invest heavily. However, no one in Dallas or anywhere would care so I dont think its necessarily a good thing for a nothing private school to be running the ACC.
As long as you are content playing fantasy important person on here everyday, your opinion can matter in some context.

when organizations can no longer nimbly and quickly respond to market conditions and perceived threats, they fail.

If the ACC effs this up, consider it a textbook example.
Is it though?
Listen I’d be happy for some road trips to Northern California -
But it would be not a value add to the acc
Which is why a few of the members submarined the vote

They most certainly are. And Pitt and VT would be very very much in favor for it.

That’s the only scenario that WVU joins….if ND joins full-time.
No they wouldnt
Buddy
What market value do you think wvu brings ?

Cincy and Louisville at least have TV sets in cities

big 12 is doing everything they can do to make sure they are #3 in the football conference race..
Buddy -
The B12 is essentially CUSA/MAC/MWC now
Who is the marquee football team ?
You think replacing Oklahoma and Texas with G5 level teams is upping their value ?!?
Holy shit

now do the acc.

The ACC in its current state has blue bloods FSU, Clem, Miami. But they may leave. The Big 12 has done very well with shit programs being good (KSt, OK St, Baylor, TCU). That cant last forever, especially with Texas becoming a full-fledged SEC state. Guys normally going to Baylor and TCU will now be going to Ole Miss, Ark, and Miss St

The ACC in its current state has blue bloods FSU, Clem, Miami. But they may leave.
This is always the counter argument from B12 fanboys. The problem is they're still in the conference, and locked into a GOR until 2036. Until they actually do leave, this argument is the definition of specious.

Big difference between we know for 100% certain that UT and OU gone after this year vs. some ACC teams might leave at some unknown point in time.

now do the acc.
The acc is the same as it’s been
It’s lost no members since Maryland left
The B12 has lost Texas, Oklahoma , and Texas AM , and Colorado .
They return Colorado , add cincy (aac), byu (Indy) and the bottom of the pac in Arizona and asu

The acc is the same as it’s been
It’s lost no members since Maryland left
The B12 has lost Texas, Oklahoma , and Texas AM , and Colorado .
They return Colorado , add cincy (aac), byu (Indy) and the bottom of the pac in Arizona and asu
Add Nebraska to that list as well.

Yea, SMU is a terrible add. However, they are taking a $0 share and they are paying their players $25K/year salaries so I guess the thought is that they can be the #3 Texas team eventually behind Texas and A&M. For as good as TCU has been, they have no fanbase. SMU's is larger and could possibly bring more of the Dallas market than TCU but neither delivers any sizeable amount of DFW.

Funny thing is WVU loves nothing more than TV revenue figures. So with SMU taking $0 and Stanford/Cal taking 25% at first, Pitt will be making $5 million or so more than WVU. Not that it matters but WVU fans weirdly think it does.
No you won’t.

WVU will earn more than ACC teams.

No you won’t.

WVU will earn more than ACC teams.

Lol. Nothing gets WVU in Columbus and the rest of WVU fans going more than conference revenue share debates. Dude, the ACC and B12 are just about even on revenue right now. If we add 3 teams but don't pay them anything, the ACC will be making more. Will that matter? No. But you guys LOVE conference revenue shares.

Lol. Nothing gets WVU in Columbus and the rest of WVU fans going more than conference revenue share debates. Dude, the ACC and B12 are just about even on revenue right now. If we add 3 teams but don't pay them anything, the ACC will be making more. Will that matter? No. But you guys LOVE conference revenue shares.
And when the Big12 contracts comes up for renewal, WVU and the Mountain Pips will be out on the street.

TIER 3 RIGHTS

• Haha
Reactions: 303vND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT