ADVERTISEMENT

B12 now wants remaining pac 4 schools

So instead they want to go to a conference that could potentially be dead in a few years (I’m not saying definitely….saying if certain things happen then it could be next PAC) or to another conference that reeks of beer, jerky, meth….but that makes about 15% of the other.

I’m not saying that Stanford and Cal’s ultimate preference is the XII. It’s most certainly not. It would be the B1G. And I’ll even give you a stable ACC because of the “fit”. I’m saying that right now their preference would be XII.
Keep saying that to yourself…right up to when the Big12’s TV deal is up and the media execs look at your paltry metrics. Who are the Big 12 anchor programs?

Keep saying that to yourself…right up to when the Big12’s TV deal is up and the media execs look at your paltry metrics. Who are the Big 12 anchor programs?
Exactly. They added 7 💩 programs plus Utah. And the Utah HC makes it very clear he doesn’t want to be there.

Just adding more mouths to feed is not going to work for the Big XII. The loss of TX and OU is a wound that will fester when it comes time for the media folks to decide what they’re really worth.

They’ve always wanted Cal and Stanford lol. Those schools weren’t interested in the Big 12. Still not sure if they are.

Yea, you don't add IUP and West Liberty and not invite Cal and Stanford. At this point Im really not sure why the B12 doesn't add Memphis, Tulane, Boise State, USF, Temple, UConn, East Carolina, Oregon State, and Washington State. They have 0 standards and will take absolutely anybody.

That’s a done deal UNLESS

ACC can get Notre Dame. That’s definitely not off the table for a number of reasons. If that happens, then WVU would likely come to the ACC if an SEC invite hasn’t been extended.

Otherwise, no need for WVU to move. A conference with ND likely means that some of those upper tier ACC schools would remain in conference. Otherwise, it’s done.

Too many blue state/liberal/metro programs that don’t covet football. Please don’t think that I’m saying all of those programs are “blue” or “red”, politically.

I’m talking culturally.

As I have said, the ACC will raid the B12 in 2030 when the new TV deal falls to pieces. Duplicate Utahs, Duplicate Arizonas, Texas teams nobody watches. Its going to be bad.

Culturally, CU is mostly XII. They’ve been XII/Big 8 for a long time.

Their biggest historical rival in football is UN-L.

They simply haven’t been good in a long time.
Boulder, Colorado is a town of rich college kids cosplaying as hippies for a few years. It is geographically a good Big 12 fit, but it fit better in the PAC in terms of culture. It's much more similar to Cal than it is to UCF or Baylor.

What do you think Whittingham is saying here? 🤔
A lot of people took it to mean that the Utes are biding their time until they get a Big Ten invite, but I see it differently. Utah LOVES the the Pac-12 because they see themselves as an institutional peer of the rest of the conference, both academically and culturally. They probably wanted it to stay as much as Arizona State did, if not more; the ASU President was the only one not on-board. Pretty much the entire Utah contingency wanted to remain in the PAC until there was absolutely no chance of it being saved.

I think Whittingham is predicting some sort of monumental shift in collegiate athletics/college football (e.g., super league) where a large enough governing body returns schools to regional divisions. Utah would love to be part of the group that “resurrects” the Pac-12 because that’s who they identify with.

Boulder, Colorado is a town of rich college kids cosplaying as hippies for a few years. It is geographically a good Big 12 fit, but it fit better in the PAC in terms of culture. It's much more similar to Cal than it is to UCF or Baylor.
Perhaps. But as a program, they certainly fit better in the xii. The CU Nebraska game was a great rivalry back in the day. Neither have found success heading for Greener pastures.

I don’t consider Colorado a Pacific school, but geography has nothing to do with conferences now, anyway.

Reactions: Submuloc Ni UVW
Culturally, CU is mostly XII. They’ve been XII/Big 8 for a long time.

Their biggest historical rival in football is UN-L.

They simply haven’t been good in a long time.
Well, well, well….

If it isn’t our old friend WVUinColumbus…You have returned in all your stupidity….

We haven’t heard your nonsense since Pitt beat WVU last season…

And here you are once again spewing theories, propaganda and idiocy and trying to pass it off as fact…. LOL!

You ain’t slick, fool…. Beat it stooge!

Reactions: Submuloc Ni UVW

Yes it is which is why they moved to the Pac 12. Also, their alumni base is much larger in Cali than Texas.

Yup. Them and Utah were great cultural additions to the Pac-12. Heck, KU and Texas would’ve been great fits in that conference as well.

A lot of people took it to mean that the Utes are biding their time until they get a Big Ten invite, but I see it differently. Utah LOVES the the Pac-12 because they see themselves as an institutional peer of the rest of the conference, both academically and culturally. They probably wanted it to stay as much as Arizona State did, if not more; the ASU President was the only one not on-board. Pretty much the entire Utah contingency wanted to remain in the PAC until there was absolutely no chance of it being saved.

I think Whittingham is predicting some sort of monumental shift in collegiate athletics/college football (e.g., super league) where a large enough governing body returns schools to regional divisions. Utah would love to be part of the group that “resurrects” the Pac-12 because that’s who they identify with.

Thinking out loud here for a Pac 12 rebirth scenario:

2030: new Big 12 TV deal sucks.
FSU, Clem, UNC, UVa, Miami, Arizona to SEC
VT, NC State, Duke, Colorado to B10
ACC backfills with WVU, UCF, USF, Cincy, UConn, Houston, OK St, Kansas, TT, Baylor, TCU, heck SMU too, why not.

P12 re-established with ASU, Utah, Cal, Stanford, Wash St, Oregon St, San Diego St, Colorado St, UNLV, Kansas St

Iowa St to the American.

Yup. Them and Utah were great cultural additions to the Pac-12. Heck, KU and Texas would’ve been great fits in that conference as well.
Not sure Kansas is a cultural fit with the PAC. Have you ever been to Kansas?? Even KC/ Overland Park? That’s not PAC culture. They are Midwest friendly. The PAC (and I live here) is aloof, insular and pseudo laid back. Most don’t know or interact with their neighbors. Most people are all about the hobbies/lifestyle. You may be a neighbor, but you ain’t invited to their bbq. Antithesis of Midwest.

Or are you talking university culture solely?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Not sure Kansas is a cultural fit with the PAC. Have you ever been to Kansas?? Even KC/ Overland Park? That’s not PAC culture. They are Midwest friendly. The PAC (and I live here) is aloof, insular and pseudo laid back. Most don’t know or interact with their neighbors. Most people are all about the hobbies/lifestyle. You may be a neighbor, but you ain’t invited to their bbq. Antithesis of Midwest.

Or are you talking university culture solely?
We’ve lived in Kansas City for about ten years now and have grown to understand that KU and Kansas City/the state of Kansas have very different feels to them.

Lawrence feels like a college town (albeit smaller one) that you’d find in the Pac-12, from the redwood and pine tree banks to the campus architecture to the local politics. It feels very similar to a Corvallis or Pullman. You also have to consider that their AAU membership would’ve fit in nicely with their academic peers.

I will concede that there’s still a Midwestern flair to the area, but I think they could’ve blended in nicely with the rest of the Pac-12 had they been proactive in realignment. Alas, it’s water under the bridge because the PAC is soon to be no more! :oops:

Reactions: Dan1911
Colorado was a cultural fit in the Big 12 in the 80’s or 90’s, maybe. But those days are long gone. It’s like saying that Pitt is a cultural fit in the Big 10 because of the steel mills.

They aren't, which is why they left. Nothing about Colorado is B12 culture, the state or the university. Zero.

They only came back because they had to.

Same goes for AZ and ASU.

Colorado will be in the B10 eventually......or possibly even the SEC. The Denver market is too good to remain in the Big 12.

We’ve lived in Kansas City for about ten years now and have grown to understand that KU and Kansas City/the state of Kansas have very different feels to them.

Lawrence feels like a college town (albeit smaller one) that you’d find in the Pac-12, from the redwood and pine tree banks to the campus architecture to the local politics. It feels very similar to a Corvallis or Pullman. You also have to consider that their AAU membership would’ve fit in nicely with their academic peers.

I will concede that there’s still a Midwestern flair to the area, but I think they could’ve blended in nicely with the rest of the Pac-12 had they been proactive in realignment. Alas, it’s water under the bridge because the PAC is soon to be no more! :oops:
Corvallis and Pullman certainly are part of the PAC10/12, but those are not the towns I think of when I think of the core PAC10/12. I think of Berkley, Westwood, Seattle, Palo Alto, Eugene.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think the funniest thing about the whole mess is that everything that happens is a sign that the ACC is done for according to every Big12 cheerleader. I mean, you just wait and see. A decade from now it's all over. Meanwhile, they all secretly hate their conference and jump just as soon as something better comes along.
BINGO...

Picture1-300x181.png

Reactions: pitt_134
They most certainly are. And Pitt and VT would be very very much in favor for it.

That’s the only scenario that WVU joins….if ND joins full-time.
If the acc is still completely intact in 2029 and they offer wvu they would accept in a heartbeat. B12 has done a good job of grabbing teams which are ok but no one else wants( Pitt would also be in that category). But the only reason that's a stable conference is no one else wants any of the teams. They don't have a single top 25 program. But they did a good job of getting a lot of 25 to 50 types. I think long-term they would have been better not adding the four they did(Cincy,ucf) if they were able to still add the pac12 leftovers but maybe the conference folds if they didn't and they never get the chance to add the pac 12 teams. Still think adding the earlier for additions could come back to haunt them later.

Keep saying that to yourself…right up to when the Big12’s TV deal is up and the media execs look at your paltry metrics. Who are the Big 12 anchor program
As I have said, the ACC will raid the B12 in 2030 when the new TV deal falls to pieces. Duplicate Utahs, Duplicate Arizonas, Texas teams nobody watches. Its going to be bad.
I agree if they acc is still intact they likely can take whomever they want from the B12. The B12 is just a cluster ****. If the acc falls apart hopefully it's closer to 2030 and the B12 and acc teams can start a new conference and take the best 16 or 20 teams left that would be far better than the current B12 adding a few acc schools. I think you could form a pretty strong tv contract with the top leftovers but there are to many B12 teams who don't add anything.

Reactions: 303vND
Say the acc gets raided and loses FSU,Miami NC and VTech and Clemson. Take Pitt Louisville NC state, bc and VA and duke maybe Syracuse and Georgia tech. Add az or az st( only one) Utah, Colorado, wvu, stanford, ok st, Iowa St and one tx school. You got 16 solid programs all worth around 30 million in tv dollars. You get a much better contract next time than if you add all the other mouths to feed

Yep...much much closer fit to Cal than in the Big12.

Yea, you don't add IUP and West Liberty and not invite Cal and Stanford. At this point Im really not sure why the B12 doesn't add Memphis, Tulane, Boise State, USF, Temple, UConn, East Carolina, Oregon State, and Washington State. They have 0 standards and will take absolutely anybody.
Says the conference about to take……wait for it……little longer……SMU bwhahahahha.

Perhaps. But as a program, they certainly fit better in the xii. The CU Nebraska game was a great rivalry back in the day. Neither have found success heading for Greener pastures.

I don’t consider Colorado a Pacific school, but geography has nothing to do with conferences now, anyway.
He is correct about the culture. CU is interesting. It’s more XII than PAC though due to its history. The fans/administration have routinely commented over the years that PAC was not a fit despite similar culture.

Well, well, well….

If it isn’t our old friend WVUinColumbus…You have returned in all your stupidity….

We haven’t heard your nonsense since Pitt beat WVU last season…

And here you are once again spewing theories, propaganda and idiocy and trying to pass it off as fact…. LOL!

You ain’t slick, fool…. Beat it stooge!
Hope you’re well pittmeister….by the way, I still have the receipts of all your comments on the imminent demise of the XII 🤣🤪

I think the funniest thing about the whole mess is that everything that happens is a sign that the ACC is done for according to every Big12 cheerleader. I mean, you just wait and see. A decade from now it's all over. Meanwhile, they all secretly hate their conference and jump just as soon as something better comes along.
This is a priceless post. You clearly are failing to remember the summers of 2021 and 2022.

Let’s put it this way. There was 5-10x the discussion that the XII is done versus the ACC….if not more.

Trust me when I tell you the following. Fans of the XII TX schools, Okie Lite, KS schools, ISU and WVU (remaining members) look at about half of the ACC as very inferior, athletically and from a brand perspective. Many of them could end up in AAC. They just don’t care and are metro schools. A couple of years back the ACC “title” game was between Pitt and Wake Forest, a high school.

They’re not wrong.

If the ACC remains intact (a serious question), there’s no doubt that it’s better from a brand/marketability perspective because of 2 institutions (UNC and FSU). It’s still not a better football conference and obviously not a better hoops conference.

Last edited:
This is a priceless post. You clearly are failing to remember the summers of 2021 and 2022.

Let’s put it this way. There was 5-10x the discussion that the XII is done versus the ACC….if not more.

Trust me when I tell you the following. Fans of the XII TX schools, Okie Lite, KS schools, ISU and WVU (remaining members) look at about half of the ACC as very inferior, athletically and from a brand perspective. Many of them could end up in AAC. They just don’t care and are metro schools. A couple of years back the ACC “title” game was between Pitt and Wake Forest, a high school.

They’re not wrong.

If the ACC remains intact (a serious question), there’s no doubt that it’s better from a brand/marketability perspective because of 2 institutions (UNC and FSU). It’s still not a better football conference and obviously not a better hoops conference.
The current strength of the Big XII is still propped up by being affiliated with OU and UT. You won’t see the true results of those losses for a few years. The overall quality of the league in both revenue sports will likely decline because of those losses, especially in football.

Reactions: pitt_134 and 303vND
Says the conference about to take……wait for it……little longer……SMU bwhahahahha.

Yea, SMU is a terrible add. However, they are taking a $0 share and they are paying their players $25K/year salaries so I guess the thought is that they can be the #3 Texas team eventually behind Texas and A&M. For as good as TCU has been, they have no fanbase. SMU's is larger and could possibly bring more of the Dallas market than TCU but neither delivers any sizeable amount of DFW.

Funny thing is WVU loves nothing more than TV revenue figures. So with SMU taking $0 and Stanford/Cal taking 25% at first, Pitt will be making $5 million or so more than WVU. Not that it matters but WVU fans weirdly think it does.

Reactions: 303vND
Please. The Big12 bloggers and Tweeters have been predicting the fall of the ACC for a dozen years and have never come close to being right. Was always just a matter of time until the Big12 picked off the best of the ACC and destroyed the conference, right? Instead they got after the AAC and probably blew it by jumping too quickly and giving those schools a full share.

Yea, SMU is a terrible add. However, they are taking a $0 share and they are paying their players $25K/year salaries so I guess the thought is that they can be the #3 Texas team eventually behind Texas and A&M. For as good as TCU has been, they have no fanbase. SMU's is larger and could possibly bring more of the Dallas market than TCU but neither delivers any sizeable amount of DFW.

Funny thing is WVU loves nothing more than TV revenue figures. So with SMU taking $0 and Stanford/Cal taking 25% at first, Pitt will be making $5 million or so more than WVU. Not that it matters but WVU fans weirdly think it does.
No, no. It's obviously better to take Houston at a full share.

Please. The Big12 bloggers and Tweeters have been predicting the fall of the ACC for a dozen years and have never come close to being right. Was always just a matter of time until the Big12 picked off the best of the ACC and destroyed the conference, right? Instead they got after the AAC and probably blew it by jumping too quickly and giving those schools a full share.
Fans of any school are usually myopic and delusional about their place in the world of college sports, but fans of certain B12 schools have elevated to art form that is unsurpassed....and it is especially hillarious when then fan out across the internet to spread the gospel of their merry band of afterthought programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT