ADVERTISEMENT

Backyard Brawl

TIGER-PAUL

Athletic Director
Jan 14, 2005
presented by EQT...

http://www.timeswv.com/sports/renew...cle_afeb2a52-c50c-11e7-aa34-cf5693eab104.html

This game will be a lot closer than most fans think.Single digits with Wvu pulling it out the last 4 minutes is how I see it.Wvu has absolutely no inside game at this time.Pitt just has to limit their turnovers and make Wvu guards chuck it up from deep where they're very inconsistent.I see a very good game Saturday Night.bwdik

This game will be a lot closer than most fans think.Single digits with Wvu pulling it out the last 4 minutes is how I see it.Wvu has absolutely no inside game at this time.Pitt just has to limit their turnovers and make Wvu guards chuck it up from deep where they're very inconsistent.I see a very good game Saturday Night.bwdik

You're an even weirder troll than SchmidtyNole. (Where's that guy been lately?)

Sounds easy

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Levance2 this game will play out like a lot of the Wvu vs Marshall games did.Marshall gave Wvu a good game no matter what the team records were.It's a rival game on the underdogs home court I see a Wvu win but not by much.Lots of holes in the WVUs game and Pitt will play their best game of the year.

Levance2 this game will play out like a lot of the Wvu vs Marshall games did.Marshall gave Wvu a good game no matter what the team records were.It's a rival game on the underdogs home court I see a Wvu win but not by much.Lots of holes in the WVUs game and Pitt will play their best game of the year.
I think you are underestimating how young and green this Pitt team is. Penn State was up 40 at one point. I think you guys win by 25+

@Sean Miller Fan the Oakland Zoo just tweeted that there are still lower level Zoo tickets remaining. There is zero chance they have 3000 students as you predicted.

That is sad. Even in a down year, you'd think the kids would walk up the hill for a game vs WVU and a free t shirt. I still think Pitt finds a way to get 3000 students in there. Last minute free tickets or something. Cant let that many seats go empty. I'm still waiting for Pitt to send out an email to football season ticket holders to buy cheap tickets.

While I disagree that WVU has "no inside game" - Sags Konate is much improved, and Lamont West and Wes Harris have both proven to be great finishers - I will say that I do agree that this game will most likely be a slugfest, like the WVU/Marshall games were annually.

Pitt folks probably have no idea how much WVU fans hated playing Marshall. No matter how good we were, the games were ugly, plodding, foul plagued debacles...WVU would usually win, but it was always tight.

I'm afraid that I see the same thing coming Saturday for WVU/Pitt.

WVU is the better team, far more experienced, far more talented, better coach by miles. But, this is the Backyard Brawl. I just can't see WVU running away with it, like most expect.

Reactions: jpoppa
You guys are 14th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage. I wish we had no inside game like that.
Also Konate is a huge shot blocker if he doesn't get into foul trouble like he usual does...Wes Harris is going to be a beast once he get's it clicking...

Treesstand I mean Treehorn I just call it like I see it and I see a close game.Eer2000 how many points did Konate score against Va?West and Harris do not present an inside presence who are trying to kid with that statement.Pitt will be fired up for this game and the Mounties won't be.Talent will win out in the end but take Pitt and the points and go buy your wife a Christmas present!

This thread makes laugh because the argument is not whether we win or lose but by how many points we'll lose!o_O

I’ll be thrilled if we lose by less than 20. Jevon Carter will have his way with us. Watch how good Konate is and try to not be incredibly disappointed by the fact that he wanted to come to Pitt before Dixon backed off him.

WVU 88
PITT 38

I have a funny feeling this game is going to be much more competitive than anyone expects. I envision the type of game that is played between an 8 and the 12 point window. Close enough where Pitt fans never truly feel we are in it but never truly out of it, kind of like the Pitt/PSU football game.

WVU 80
Pitt 65

I wish that snowstorm coming were a little bit bigger and aimed at Pittsburgh, maybe we could get a cancellation

Reactions: levance2
Treesstand I mean Treehorn I just call it like I see it and I see a close game.Eer2000 how many points did Konate score against Va?West and Harris do not present an inside presence who are trying to kid with that statement.Pitt will be fired up for this game and the Mounties won't be.Talent will win out in the end but take Pitt and the points and go buy your wife a Christmas present!
If someone looks at the WVU/UVa box score, they'd probably think Sags had a bad night with 0 points. However, WVU fans were pretty damn pleased with how he played. First, he played 34 minutes...no foul trouble. But, secondly, he terrorized UVa's bigs inside. UVa's starting bigs combined for 0 total field goals and just 2 total points. He was credited with 2 blocks and 8 rebounds, but he was a fantastic rim protector.

The pack line "D" from UVa is tough on power forwards. So, his scoring was obviously off. But, our stretch-4/wingman, Lamont West went off for 22 points against the Hoos. He can get white hot from the outside.

You should probably stop now.

Most places have the Hoopies favored by 13 or 13-1/2.

And that looks way, way too low on the surface. However, as I was saying, its at home, its the Brawl, and I think Pitt is going to make a game of it, at least long enough to hold people's interest.

Although WVU is much better than Penn State, I dont expect anything close to a game like that much to the disappointment to many Pitt fans who are probably hoping for a Pitt thumping.

And that looks way, way too low on the surface.

Only to people who don't understand basketball point spreads. A 13-1/2 point spread on the road in college basketball is huge. Notre Dame is only favored by 14 against Delaware tomorrow. Ohio State is only favored by 14-1/2 over William & Mary. Kentucky is only favored by 16 over Monmouth. Duke is only a 15-1/2 point favorite at Boston College (I didn't even realize there was an ACC conference game tomorrow).

And that looks way, way too low on the surface.

Only to people who don't understand basketball point spreads. A 13-1/2 point spread on the road in college basketball is huge. Notre Dame is only favored by 14 against Delaware tomorrow. Ohio State is only favored by 14-1/2 over William & Mary. Kentucky is only favored by 16 over Monmouth. Duke is only a 15-1/2 point favorite at Boston College (I didn't even realize there was an ACC conference game tomorrow).

Due to the number of teams in the ACC, there arent enough weeks Jan-March to get every team a bye. So, they have to play anywhere from 1-3 ACC games in early Dec. They've been doing this since Pitt joined.

Couple things. Monmouth's "home game" against UK is at MSG, meaning there will be 10K UK fans and 1K Monmouth fans, maybe.

I guess Brey is throwing his former employer a bone by playing at Delaware. Ohio State is actually home with The Tribe.

It is Pitt vs WVU anyone who thinks this game is settled is crazy. I am hoping we win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT