ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: ACC-Big 12 realignment

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
For the sake of geography and travel, wouldn’t this make sense:
- Cincinnati, UCF, and West Virginia from the Big 12 to the ACC.

- California, SMU and Stanford from the ACC to the Big 12.

Pitt renews its local rivalries with Cincinnati (the Riverboat Trophy) and West Virginia (the Backyard Brawl) and the furthest west ACC school now becomes Notre Dame in Indiana.

For the Big 12, the farthest east that any Big 12 school would travel to is Iowa State.

make sense for who? For the programs and fans? Probably. for the people calling the shots? aka the Networks, No, not at all.

and sadly, like i said, they call the shots.

Reactions: Dan1911
I think Stanford and Cal combine to be more valuable brands than those three combined. I like the geographic aspect to this (not UCF - don’t care), but I also like being in the same league as Stanford and Cal. Cal fans, in particular, seem like a fun bunch of folks.

Picture1-300x181.png

Reactions: pittdan77

Pitt renews its local rivalries with Cincinnati (the Riverboat Trophy) and West Virginia (the Backyard Brawl) and the furthest west ACC school now becomes Notre Dame in Indiana.

For the Big 12, the farthest east that any Big 12 school would travel to is Iowa State.
This is how I think this will
shake out. The main goal for these two is to get away from the NCAA. I can see them joining with 40 or so other programs and pulling football away from the NCAA. Have their own season, playoffs and Championship. Leave all rest of the sports, hoops included, under the NCAA.

I think Stanford and Cal combine to be more valuable brands than those three combined. I like the geographic aspect to this (not UCF - don’t care), but I also like being in the same league as Stanford and Cal. Cal fans, in particular, seem like a fun bunch of folks.
I am sorry...

I think Pitt/WVU would instantly be one of the most attractive ACC matchups in any sport. WVU/VT has a strong history. Louisville. Louisville/UC. Even Miami and FSU with WVU have some history.

Reactions: NKSplitter
I think what will happen is that the Big Ten and SEC will get to 20 schools- adding some combination of Clemson, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Virginia- and, similar to what wbrpanther said above, they'll have their own championship.

At that point, I can see the ACC and Big 12 coming together to form their own subdivision and championship. That's when you could see regional pods formed. I also wouldn't be surprised if a few other schools were added such as Oregon State/Washington State, San Diego State, and/or South Florida.

As I said in another thread this week, there'd be enough fan interest among the rest of the country for a product harkening back to the "glory days" of college football that there'd be enough money to go around for the rest of us. Just my opinion, though.

Reactions: Las Panteras

Way to steal that from “twitter” from several day’s ago LOL

The CalStan Golden BearCards!

If that doesn't work then they can go with the San Fran SuperLibNerds.

I know I am not bringing anything new to this discussion, but the fact that this is even being proposed shows how stupid college sports have gotten.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
College football has become nearly dead to me. i will do it but the renewal of my club seats and gold lot parking pass will be brutal next month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT