ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley just nailed it...

Protes

All American
Mar 23, 2003
Saying that many college coaches don't have an end-of-game strategy and don't adjust in the tourney games. I think that was always Jamie's downfall in the post-season. Always trying to do the same thing we always do instead of making need changes to either stop the other team or, more so, to exploit their weaknesses.

That's why Syracuse just beat UVA. Boeheim switching up to pressure D completely threw them off.

Reactions: bobfree
Saying that many college coaches don't have an end-of-game strategy and don't adjust in the tourney games. I think that was always Jamie's downfall in the post-season. Always trying to do the same thing we always do instead of making need changes to either stop the other team or, more so, to exploit their weaknesses.

That's why Syracuse just beat UVA. Boeheim switching up to pressure D completely threw them off.
Agreed.

We never mixed up defense enough and didn't pressure to create turnovers.
Dixon's biggest fault.

Cuse did that to Pitt in the ACC tourney; went to the press when down 12 with 4 minutes left. That is the way Cuse has played for years, they only go to the press when they need to

Barkley also said something I feel is true - that Boeheim likely could have won even more in the postseason had he pressured MORE at times and had he been a little more willing to go man for periods of time when it was obvious his zone was busted.

Cuse did that to Pitt in the ACC tourney; went to the press when down 12 with 4 minutes left. That is the way Cuse has played for years, they only go to the press when they need to
Many have wondered why he backed off the press when he got to tie score against us. That led to us winning the game, although it took James Robinson making some great plays to do it.

Reactions: pittman71
He doesn't have enough players to press more, they'd get too many fouls. Barkley and friends are entertaining by I wouldn't try to listen to them for actual content concerning college ball.

Reactions: GrowthHormone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT