ADVERTISEMENT

BC fires Addazio

Addazio is one of those guys who is a decent coach. Just couldn't recruit well enough. Similar to Narduzzi in that way.

I'd fire Whipple and hire him as OC.

Reactions: cpc247
Usually they get fired for losing to us. Hell, Temple, of all places, had a coach quit after losing to us once. How is it possible to be so moribund for so long?

Addazio is one of those guys who is a decent coach. Just couldn't recruit well enough. Similar to Narduzzi in that way.

I'd fire Whipple and hire him as OC.

that would be utterly ridiculous. Addazio is a terrific OL coach and the BC run game was their strength. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest he would make a great OC where he would have to manage a passing game.

yea, those Gator fans were really pissed that he was the OL coach of a two time national champion.

And Dan Mullen called. Said you shouldn't post unless your facts are straight.

bubba, I usually like your posts, and you haven't posted as much lately which is disappointing. But this time you are wrong, and the internet called and said to go F-yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Addazio

that would be utterly ridiculous. Addazio is a terrific OL coach and the BC run game was their strength. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest he would make a great OC where he would have to manage a passing game.
Not to mention it would be a complete shift - again!- in offensive philosophy
There constant change in said philosophy has been one of Narduzzis bigger issues

Reactions: cpc247

He'd be worse than Shawn Watson and Mark Whipple.

People think it’s hard to recruit to pitt, imagine BC. No local recruiting areas and located the furthest north in a southern (traditionally) conference. I’d take Addazio on my staff today no doubt.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
People think it’s hard to recruit to pitt, imagine BC. No local recruiting areas and located the furthest north in a southern (traditionally) conference. I’d take Addazio on my staff today no doubt.
It's a college hockey town.
What's football?

Not to mention it would be a complete shift - again!- in offensive philosophy
There constant change in said philosophy has been one of Narduzzis bigger issues
So what's our offensive philosophy today run up hundreds of offensive yards with few td's.

Hopefully, Salem is on the phone with TE commit from NJ.

We lost 4 of 5 linemen from the classes of 2015 and 2016. Hoping for one more lineman to round out the class. The OL was very inexperienced and the transfer portal hurt us this year.

HTP.

You see BC’s O-line commits foe next season? I’d kill to have them on the South Side. Automatic plug ins.

hope we go after them. Would be nice to get Addazio as O line coach to seal the deal, but Narduzzi’s ego and insecurities would probably prevent that.

Great offensive line coach. Was on the ground floor of creating the spread run game with Urban by importing Alex Gibbs blocking scheme to a shot gun, single back look that involved the QB as well. Did a decent job at BC but not sure at 60 he's going to get another head coaching job, and probably for somewhat reasonable reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT