ADVERTISEMENT

Bengally Kamara Kicked Off Team

I like this trend of players playing 4 games then quitting for a redshirt and a payday next year. In Kamara's case it seems it was partly due to playing time but Im sure he realizes if he doesn’t have NFL potential, he can make 6 figures somewhere next season.

I like this trend of players playing 4 games then quitting for a redshirt and a payday next year. In Kamara's case it seems it was partly due to playing time but Im sure he realizes if he doesn’t have NFL potential, he can make 6 figures somewhere next season.
Why do you like it??

Can he? He's not a very good linebacker. Athletic as all hell, but misses more assignments than Beavis did while attending Highland High. Is anybody honestly going to look at how much he got on the field at South Carolina and think, "Hmm, we should pay him $100K"... ?

He was the dude I was least sad to see leave Pitt. Thought we could miss DeShields even though I liked the returners, and I knew we'd miss the three up front. But this one didn't sting, unless you enjoy watching FCS teams spring 80-yard runs on your defense.

Nobody is giving him 100k, and he'll be lucky to end up at a G5 school.

And there's no chance he got all of whatever was promised to him at USC. He wanted to get it with a redshirt, but that's exactly why Beamer told him to walk.

Can he? He's not a very good linebacker. Athletic as all hell, but misses more assignments than Beavis did while attending Highland High. Is anybody honestly going to look at how much he got on the field at South Carolina and think, "Hmm, we should pay him $100K"... ?

He was the dude I was least sad to see leave Pitt. Thought we could miss DeShields even though I liked the returners, and I knew we'd miss the three up front. But this one didn't sting, unless you enjoy watching FCS teams spring 80-yard runs on your defense.

Didnt A&M pay someone to go be backup? I'm not sure if Kamara will make 100K but he was a starter at Pitt and in the rotation at South Carolina. These NIL values are going up so I think its realistic to think he can make that somewhere even as a backup.

Why do you like it??

Because I want them to be employees with contracts. If you dont want to make them employees, you have to live with the choices of these kids, who are free agents at all times. Ball out for 4 games and then quit. Kamara didnt ball out but I want to see other players do this.

Didnt A&M pay someone to go be backup? I'm not sure if Kamara will make 100K but he was a starter at Pitt and in the rotation at South Carolina. These NIL values are going up so I think its realistic to think he can make that somewhere even as a backup.

They supposed paid DeShields, who is a backup, a few hundred K. I doubt they did it knowing he would be the backup, though. In this case, Kamara isn't starting. Unless he has some ridiculously stiff competition in front of him, I don't know if I see him getting a huge deal. But it's possible that some schools have enough to pay backups that kind of cash, I guess.

It was stated before and is still true. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Just think about Jack Ham, he physically never appeared to be a monster but played like one all the way into the HOF. In the LB room I think football instincts, reading keys, and sure handed tackling override all else. Kamara never showed proficiency in any of these 3 areas.

Reactions: Parkview57
Endorse the coach not giving in and telling Bengally to take a hike. A player makes a commitment to a team and should honor that commitment. Not just leave mid season just because he thinks it’s in his own self interest.

Last edited:
Endorse the coach not giving in and telling Bengally to take a hike. A player makes a commitment to a team and should honor that commitment. Not just away mid season just because he thinks it’s in his own self interest.

I mean, Kamara won basically. He was leaving South Carolina anyway so he asked for the RS so he can have an extra year in the portal. Beamer said no. So guess what, he gets to RS and enter the portal.

They supposed paid DeShields, who is a backup, a few hundred K. I doubt they did it knowing he would be the backup, though. In this case, Kamara isn't starting. Unless he has some ridiculously stiff competition in front of him, I don't know if I see him getting a huge deal. But it's possible that some schools have enough to pay backups that kind of cash, I guess.

Wasnt everyone saying DeShields wouldn't start based on what they had? I dont know, I can see backup LB's making 6 figures in the SEC. Cant you?

I mean, Kamara won basically. He was leaving South Carolina anyway so he asked for the RS so he can have an extra year in the portal. Beamer said no. So guess what, he gets to RS and enter the portal.
How did he win? He wanted a RS at USC so he could keep getting his NIL there, and then enter the portal. You should know by now these aren't up front cash payments.

He won't get his NIL and will be looking for a new home. All after making an idiot of himself and his coach going public with it. Nobody is going to pay him anything beyond spending cash. He's the model of why you don't chase a few extra $s.

Depends what the semantics are, I guess. If he was getting $150K (random guess) pro-rated over the year, maybe he'll miss out on the final $35K of that. So if he scores a deal for $75K next season, as opposed to playing this season out and being done, then I guess he came out $40K ahead. Although there are plenty of other variables (e.g. how much he could make doing something else, value of an advanced degree, etc.) that could factor into that as well. He'll have to score a new deal first, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT