ADVERTISEMENT

Best network sports theme songs

1. SEC on CBS
2. NBA on NBC
3. BCS College Football ("You are looking live...")
4. NHL on ESPN
5. CBS College Basketball
6. NFL on CBS
Underrated: NFL on NBC (old)

I preferred the MNF theme when it was on ESPN and I have a love-hate with the Sunday Night Football theme because it just reminds me of work on Monday morning. College GameDay and ESPN used have to have good themes in the 90s.

Reactions: Pitt2009
For me:

1. NBA on NBC
2. CBS college basketball
3. CBS college football (very underrated)

Seems like ESPN has never had any good ones.
The best by far.

And I want to say someone recently had a game of thrones knock off intro that was pretty good.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
The CBS NFL theme from the early 90s was one of my all-time favorites. In fact, CBS has always been the GOAT of sports theme music.

The CBS CFB and Basketball themes, the 1980s NBA on CBS and even the current NFL on CBS theme are Top 10s for me.

The ABC MNF theme from the 1980s will always have a special place in my heart too.

Reactions: Burgh15
Can’t go against your selections overall but this for me is number 1 by far. Simply iconic.

Clearly the most iconic sports theme song of all time is MNF - there is no debate.

Secondly, it's the NFL on CBS - when Brent would say - "You are looking live!"

EDIT: HOLD ON - as someone mentioned the Wide World of Sports theme song is iconic as well. And it's Jim McKay's narration - "The thrill of victory...and the agony of defeat."

The CBS NFL theme from the early 90s was one of my all-time favorites. In fact, CBS has always been the GOAT of sports theme music.

The CBS CFB and Basketball themes, the 1980s NBA on CBS and even the current NFL on CBS theme are Top 10s for me.

The ABC MNF theme from the 1980s will always have a special place in my heart too.
This one? CBS does have the strongest inventory. ESPN used to have a good one and then changed too many. Fox has the most overrated.

I used to love the opening to the BET Championship games on Saturday Nights. Just so big time.....and the ACC in its tobacco stained, Shoney's lovin' Greensboro hilljacks seem so amateur in comparison.

I always enjoyed the love theme written by Barry White that ABC used for golf. MNF original is still the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT