ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Jump This Year

lucac

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2010
Who do you guys think makes the biggest jump this year? I'll go with Kemerer. I've been hard on him over the years but it's because I think he has a ton of potential and could be pretty good. He's strong and athletic just needs to put it all together.

Reactions: _DBHoops
Who do you guys think makes the biggest jump this year? I'll go with Kemerer. I've been hard on him over the years but it's because I think he has a ton of potential and could be pretty good. He's strong and athletic just needs to put it all together.
149 will be interesting. I think if Matthews gets healthy he's going to take a big step forward.

149 will be interesting. I think if Matthews gets healthy he's going to take a big step forward.

Yea feels like Matthews has wrestled injured every year I'd love to see what he could do if healthy.

I’d say Matthew’s as well, but another interesting area is 157, excited to see who wins wrestle off and if they can produce more than last year.

I’d say Matthew’s as well, but another interesting area is 157, excited to see who wins wrestle off and if they can produce more than last year.

157 should be Cleary I'd guess. Should be a nice addition to the lineup and give us a other qualifier

Reactions: bwh05
re: Matthews, keep in mind 141 is weaker in the ACC than the last couple years. Sherman from UNC and Wilson from State BOTH went up to 149. Apparently those two can't get enough of each other. Only guy left at 141 that Cole hasn't beaten yet is Kizhan Clarke who transferred to UNC.

Reactions: lucac
Any chance McMillen takes the job or he is slated for a redshirt. Same with 174 Augustine is one of the best recruits we have had the past couple years

Any chance McMillen takes the job or he is slated for a redshirt. Same with 174 Augustine is one of the best recruits we have had the past couple years

You would like Augustine to redshirt but he's probably our best option at 74 unless I'm not thinking of someone. Could be a rough year for him learing onnthe job but I really like him as a prospect. I'd guess McMillian would redshirt as we have some options at 149 so can afford to let him sit this year. That be my guess anyway on those situations

Reactions: _DBHoops
This may sound odd, but my take is Micky. If he finds his offense against more ranked wrestlers, he should be a machine and make a deep run here at the end of the season.

As many of y'all mentioned above, there will be some other leaps forward and we all certainly hope so, but I want to see Micky literally put a full court press on all year.

H2P

Reactions: persp
This may sound odd, but my take is Micky. If he finds his offense against more ranked wrestlers, he should be a machine and make a deep run here at the end of the season.

As many of y'all mentioned above, there will be some other leaps forward and we all certainly hope so, but I want to see Micky literally put a full court press on all year.

H2P

I agree i would love to see him develop a little more offense. His defense and positioning is already so good a little more offense would go a long way to getting him over the hump

Reactions: docpanther26

H2P
133 is extra stacked this year. With 25yo Micic back and how good Fix looked at worlds, I don't even think last year's champ makes the final.

Edit: but yes, if Micky wrestles to his ability then he should AA which would be an improvement.

Reactions: docpanther26
133 is extra stacked this year. With 25yo Micic back and how good Fix looked at worlds, I don't even think last year's champ makes the final.

Edit: but yes, if Micky wrestles to his ability then he should AA which would be an improvement.
True, but like @lucac mentioned above, Micky's defense is sound. He needs to press his opponent and if he is successful in doing so he should AA this year. Micky will go as his offense goes, especially this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT