ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Hillgrove

Is that it? That subject line....
giphy.gif

It has been past time for Bill to move along. He is difficult to follow, stumbles over himself when calling plays and adds little to nothing for the listening audience; except to re-live the “good ole days” for his good old boy buddies.
I have heard in the past from his admirers that Bill himself should decide when he leaves. Well, Bill, take this most inauspicious moment to make that decision and save the Pitt Athletics department from making it for you. A breath of fresh air is needed now.

Wonder if the Steelers will pull the trigger first. They did with Fleming, and Hillgrove is way beyond where Fleming was when they put him out to pasture.

I'm so confused about this store giving him the prescription after he crashed the car and then just letting him leave. They should've stalled him until the police arrived. He could've killed someone on his way home.

Sorry, but I think this should be the end of his career as the main play by play guy. This was a series of bad decisions that could've ended in fatal consequences. He can stay on and do some side work maybe, but he can no longer be the main person on the mic.

According to officials, Hillgrove, who is a regular at the store, was pulling into a parking spot Monday when he drove directly into the windows. A store manager told police Hillgrove went inside to fill a prescription. He then got back into his Honda CR-V, which had damage and scratches on the bumper, and left, officials said.

yeah just right him off.
People act like everyone should be perfect and when they make a mistake , they are erased .

He could turn this into a positive.
Yeah . His lack of skills have been brought up here at least several times .
He has lost a lot of thunder , Chripe the guys 80 years old and I agree with what you're saying but , I think it may be time to move on without ole Billy .

I'm so confused about this store giving him the prescription after he crashed the car and then just letting him leave. They should've stalled him until the police arrived. He could've killed someone on his way home.

Sorry, but I think this should be the end of his career as the main play by play guy. This was a series of bad decisions that could've ended in fatal consequences. He can stay on and do some side work maybe, but he can no longer be the main person on the mic.

According to officials, Hillgrove, who is a regular at the store, was pulling into a parking spot Monday when he drove directly into the windows. A store manager told police Hillgrove went inside to fill a prescription. He then got back into his Honda CR-V, which had damage and scratches on the bumper, and left, officials said.
Probably because he's a local celebrity and they felt they shouldn't have .
I know . It sounds absurd but people tend to look differently towards celebrities inspite of the situation . Crazy , I know but just my opinion . Sucks . Billies a good guy .

yeah just right him off.
People act like everyone should be perfect and when they make a mistake , they are erased .

He could turn this into a positive.
All people make mistakes.If anything it proves he is just another person like us.I read a comment from some clown asking if he was arrested and handcuffed like the guy in Atlanta.Well,the problem is,the guy in Atlanta wasn’t handcuffed and arrested because he resisted arrest.Had he been arrested he would still be here today.

Reactions: Panther_in_Kentucky
I read a comment from some clown asking if he was arrested and handcuffed like the guy in Atlanta.Well,the problem is,the guy in Atlanta wasn’t handcuffed and arrested because he resisted arrest.Had he been arrested he would still be here today.
C'mon now , let's not bring that into this thread . I am positive he was cuffed , being under arrest . It was just some troll stirring the *hit .

Wonder if the Steelers will pull the trigger first. They did with Fleming, and Hillgrove is way beyond where Fleming was when they put him out to pasture.
Well some of their players can show Billy the way to and from AA meetings. I know Bill has a problem with that but let's not kid ourselves here. How many coaches get pulled over in rural areas and it never makes the media. A good example is Huggins in wv. He has been pulled over numerous times but 80% of those times it never hit the newspaper or Pittsburgh media news outlets.

Last edited:
Honestly, I find it hilarious that he casually drove into a grocery store and then proceeded to get his prescription, pull the car back out, and drive him as if nothing happened.
He probably has dementia setting in too. It's sad but anyone can get a DUI now a days. Police just wait for people coming out of bars. Having just a drink or 2 will get you in alot of trouble.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Bill should retire gracefully before he hurts himself or others. Can't believe he's 80 and Groat is still hanging in there.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT