ADVERTISEMENT

Binoculars for Saturday

bubba31

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
My wife got me a new set of binoculars for my Bday which get broken out Saturday.

Does anyone know the policy for the protective case? its a yellow nylon cover.

The wife mentioned some BS about a clear see through bag only?

Thanks in advance

Bubba

I take my binoculars every game......won't let me take them in with the case......Leave the case in the car and carry binoculars in, this way you won't have to go back to the car

My wife got me a new set of binoculars for my Bday which get broken out Saturday.

Thanks in advance

Bubba

Hopefully your new binoculars are waterproof, but if you want to protect them from liquid spills or rain, try the correct size of freezer bag. It obviously won't protect from bumps, but a coke wouldn't be fun to clean off of new binoculars.

Thanks in advance

Bubba

I wont be picking my nose...too many with binoculars..

Thanks in advance

Bubba
You have to have a clear bag, but if the binoculars and case fit in the correct size clear bag, you should be good. I had a friend's wife get stopped for her purse she just placed (not dump out the contents, but just drop it in) the purse in a clear bag she bought and get waved through the exact same check.

I don't want to be "that guy" but why do people take binoculars to games?

Well...."this guy"..... can't even read the credits at the end of a movie....

And my seats aren't exactly 15 rows off the field.

Without binoculars......plays are very blurred. But with them it is much more enjoyable.

Reactions: pittdan77
You have to have a clear bag, but if the binoculars and case fit in the correct size clear bag, you should be good. I had a friend's wife get stopped for her purse she just placed (not dump out the contents, but just drop it in) the purse in a clear bag she bought and get waved through the exact same check.
My wife does the same thing: she carries her binoculars in her clear purse, and they don't give her any hassles.

It is pretty idiotic, but whatever works, right?
Kinda reminds me of the old military joke where soldiers out in the field were given an order - no excuses accepted - that they had to change their underwear every day. But being out in the field, they had no extra underclothes. They came-up with a "brilliant" idea: to exchange underwear with each other - because after all, an order is an order.

Binoculars are great way to catch parts of the game. esp when you have poor angle or are far from action. Of course most of you numbskulls watch the game the the video board. losers.

Binoculars are great way to catch parts of the game. esp when you have poor angle or are far from action. Of course most of you numbskulls watch the game the the video board. losers.
Some games, it's actually better to focus on the sweet, sweet action in the crowd than the swill on the field. The Akron game a few years ago for example.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT